Post Date: 12/20/2017
Close Date: 03/31/2018
Physical Security Technician/Specialist
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09223
Location: Various Locations
Address: Various Locations
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Level 21/23; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Range: Technician (Level 21) $3,634 tp 3,823/mo Specialist (Level 23) $4,043 to $4,254/mo
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This is a recruitment for a Physical Security position. Applicants may be hired at either Level 21 (Technician) or, at Level 23 (Specialist) if they meet additional requirements. See the minimum qualifications section for details on the requirements.
Under the direction of a manager or director, coordinates the design and maintenance of all access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems. Incumbent receives and evaluates work orders and requests, investigates requests and troubleshoots problems where appropriate, establishes priorities and coordinates with contractors, when required, to make necessary repairs. Incumbent provides subject matter expertise related to systems. Incumbent coordinates the work of outside contractors to make sure all work meets college requirements.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Paid Leave: Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
1. Assist with the procurement, and maintenance of access control system and video management system, as well as the integration of other safety and security subsystems, i.e. intrusion detection.
2. Assist with designs and/or coordinates the work of contractors who install wiring in college-wide new construction and remodel projects relating to systems. Reviews plans for all access control, intrusion video surveillance and life safety alarm work related to new construction to be certain work meets College requirements.
3. Assists with scheduled maintenance, cleaning and minor adjustments to electronic devices, including but not limited to access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection devices. Makes sure equipment is updated and operational, meeting required local, state, federal and ADA requirements.
4. Responds to phone, email, voice mail, verbal and written work orders. Issue and track work orders and work closely with vendors to assure timely resolution of service issues.
5. Assists with security systems integration, mapping and software updates and helps train other public safety personnel in the use of these systems.
6. Assists on new projects in both existing areas and new construction helping with security assessments, vendor selection, technology upgrades, product selections, testing, field verification of systems and inspection of work in progress for compliance with standards.
7. Makes recommendations for security equipment and systems.
8. Organizes and manage parts stock and tools.
9. Oversees issuing, assigning access rights for access control cards or key fobs and decommissioning of access control cards.
10. Assists with budget projections for project work and provides project coordination within budgets, approved by supervisor. Obtains quotes for repair and/or installation of systems district wide. Defines options and estimates costs, sets priorities and schedules for construction activities.
11. Researches methods, systems or materials for purchase of systems.
12. Instructs employees in the use of systems. Establishes and coordinates alarm codes and keeps a record of those having access to such codes.
13. Maintains inventory of essential parts and equipment to ensure repairs and installation in a timely manner.
14. Responds to college emergencies and closures including adverse weather to secure buildings, furnishings and fixtures to prevent damage or operational problems.
15. Observes the work of contractors and brings safety concerns to their attention as needed. Reports all unsafe acts and conditions which remain uncorrected to supervisor. Allows no work to be performed when conditions are considered unsafe.
16. Operates an assigned college vehicle.
17. Maintains appropriate records as required.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
Physical Security Technician (Level 21) Minimum Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Five years of experience working with security systems to include, service and maintenance across a broad spectrum of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems. One year of experience inspecting access control and video surveillance systems. Must have an acceptable driving record and valid driver's license for operation of a motor vehicle in Oregon and Washington.
Physical Security Specialist (Level 23) Minimum Qualifications:
High School diploma or equivalent.
State of Oregon Limited Energy Electrical Class A License (LEA),
Two years of experience working with security systems to include, service and maintenance across a broad spectrum of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems.
One year of experience inspecting access control and video surveillance systems.
Must have an acceptable driving record and valid driver's license for operation of a motor vehicle in Oregon and Washington.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic project management best practices;
- Security systems to include, service and maintenance across a broad spectrum of access control, intrusion and video surveillance systems such as, DMP, Milestone, and AMAG;
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations;
- Departmental processes and policies;
- Working knowledge of low voltage systems;
- Working knowledge of network principles.
- Operating a computer and various software packages;
- Problem identification and problem solving;
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Work independently and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to needed changes;
- Comprehend technical language and read and interpret blue prints, wiring diagrams, and schematics;
- Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally;
- Effectively prioritize work requests;
- Exercise considerable judgment and initiative;
- Manage time effectively;
- Interact positively with staff and the public in a diverse academic setting in order to enhance effectiveness.
- Stay abreast of changes in security technology.
WORK ENVIRONMENTAND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work pressure, disturbances of work flow and/or irregularities in work schedule are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. Work will be performed in the field at the site of the work as well as in the office depending on the demands required for project related duties and routine maintenance. Working conditions may be somewhat disagreeable requiring occasional exposure to safety hazards and noise when reviewing the work of contractors. Regular travel between campus locations in assigned college vehicle. While primary duty hours are day shift, must be flexible to work in the event of emergencies or other operational needs. Extended standing and moderate to heavy lifting is occasionally required. Requires a good deal of walking and some climbing (ladders, etc.) to get to the site of the work on a daily basis.
When you apply, please attach a cover letter that describes how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position.
State of Oregon LEA license or higher
Experience working at multiple locations
Experience working at an educational facility
Experience working on security systems, specifically DPM, Milestone and AMAG.
Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Software
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter that describes how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: No Response
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1139785
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1139785