Post Date: 08/09/2017
Close Date: 09/15/2017
Oregon Episcopal School is seeking enthusiastic, creative individuals to actively work with assigned students providing instruction or supervision with educational activities. He or she may assume teacher responsibilities as required for an entire class period or for short intervals. The successful candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, intercultural competence, a good sense of humor and a cooperative spirit.
• Report to work as soon as possible after receiving request for substitute assistant teacher.
• Support Classroom teacher in classroom planning, preparation, instruction and supervision.
• Work with students in various settings - large group, small group and individually.
• Document student learning.
• Assist lead teacher with production work.
• Attend to duties – lunch, recess, dismissal – as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Current First Aid and CPR training
• Experience working in an early childhood educational setting
• Strong background in current social emotional learning practices
• Digital literacy; intermediate MS Office suite, Google Docs/Drive and other web based applications, as appropriate to job duties, ability to adapt as digital tools evolve and change
• Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
• Knowledge of Reggio-inspired schools, social constructivist teaching and learning and the integration of the arts
• Ability to handle light physical work in a classroom setting
• Ability to move about school campus as needed
• Ability to see, hear and/or speak to use telephone, computer and to interact with students, parents and other staff
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time, on-call, position. The hourly rate is $15.00.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and completed application, available here: http://www.oes.edu/uploaded/contacts/application.pdf
to Assistant Head of Lower School for Early Years Kirstin McCauley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, the application must be printed, signed, and either scanned and send by email attachment or mailed to 6300 SW Nicol Road, Portland, OR 97223. Open until filled. No phone calls please.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: www.oes.edu/careers