Post Date: 01/12/2018
Close Date: 03/18/2018
Portland, OR or Salem, OR
Full Time, Full Benefits
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
The Parent Mentor program matches Parent Mentors who have a past history of addiction and involvement with DHS Child Welfare with parents currently entering the Child Welfare system due to substance abuse. The goal of the program is to support each parent’s recovery as they work toward the ultimate goal of being reunited with their children. Parent Mentors are, first and foremost, role models demonstrating the possibility of change and a healthy life as a parent in recovery. Parent Mentors provide system navigation based on a combination of their personal experience and professional training provided by Parents Anonymous. Empowering and coaching parents through their case with DHS, supporting them at Family Decision Meetings and court hearings, and providing support for other mentors on the team are important aspects of this work.
We are currently hiring Parent Mentors in the following locations:
• Home Office in Salem, serving clients in Marion County; Job Code: PM-438
• Home Office in Portland, serving clients in Multnomah County: Job Code: PM-435/447
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties for this position is as follows:
• High School Diploma or GED or high school level writing and reading skills
• Experience and knowledge of addiction issues.
• 2 years in active program of recovery from using alcohol and other drugs
• 2 years education, training or work experience in mental health, education, A&D treatment or social work; life experience supporting other men & women in recovery from the time the candidate entered sobriety will be considered
• DHS Child Welfare case, closed for a 1 year required
• This position requires personal transportation allowing for travel within the Portland metropolitan area in a timely matter
• Must pass a DHS Criminal History Check
Parent Mentor: $14.25 - $14.57
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code (found in the job summary, EX: PM-XXX) in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
• We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded.
• To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/parent-mentor/