Post Date: 12/14/2017
Close Date: 01/12/2018
Multimedia and Video Specialist
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09200
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Full-time; Level 22; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $3,834 to $3,916 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
PCC is looking to hire a creative film/video person to join a team of diversely skilled multimedia specialists. Our team supports the PCC educational mission by producing videos in our green screen studio as well as in the field. We provide video reinforcement for large live events. If you love crafting educational and promotional videos with in a tight time line in a some times uncontrolled environment, as well as live event support, we are looking for you to join our team.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
1.Supports pre-production, production and post video production for online, DVD, lecture capture, and Comcast Cable Channel 27 content.
2.Sets up video and lighting, shoots, records audios, mixes and performs related production activities. Acts as a technical and creative resource assisting staff with video production.
3.Suggests technology or content ideas to help staff achieve desired outcomes from video project.
4.Translates audio, video, graphics and digital animation and other digital media content into various distributable formats. Uploads video projects to servers and publishes HTML and URL links for digital content distribution.
5.Manages digital media data. Monitors storage on servers, ensuring adequate storage and performance. Maintains software and hardware for digital media acquisition, player and editor servers. Creates physical backups of stored content on servers and is responsible for keeping records of all content available for viewing.
6.Provides training to individuals or small groups in production equipment and methods.
7.Coordinate multiple projects with frequently adjusted priorities.
8.Supports video conferencing services to include the operation of the control bridge, maintaining hardware and software, the coordination of room scheduling and testing, and support for IVC classes and outside meetings and events.
9.Researches, acquires and encodes programming for Cable Channel 27. Schedules programming aired on the station and is responsible for the quality of the broadcast signal.
10.Maintains multimedia related equipment and software. Performs accessibility training and quality assurance.
- The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
Associate's degree or two years of college-level course work in electronic/multi-media production, graphic design, or related area (relevant experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the educational requirement).
Two years of recent experience creating video content using software such as Final Cut Pro, Photoshop and other Adobe products, QuickTime, Soundtrack Pro, Compressor and Mac OSX.
Ability to work with non-technical clients and students and translate content into multimedia products in formats including but not limited to: video, audio, graphics, digital animations, HTML. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a project team.
Demonstrates cultural competency through lived experience.
Demonstrated ability to lead projects independently, as well as, work with in a team and offer solutions when troubleshooting complex issues within a time line.
Demonstrated ability to work with clients, facilities and crews with variety of employees including full time staff, part time staff and student interns.
Demonstrated ability to effectively tailor aesthetic styles to academic clients expectations.
Demonstrates creative skills in producing current captivating projects.
When you apply, Please be prepared to attach a document with your responses to the following Required Questions:
1. Elaborate on your experience working in live events in a technical or creative capacity.
2. Explain a time when you had to lead a large project. Discuss complexity, challenges and outcomes.
3. Describe your experience working with people in protected classes or diverse cultural backgrounds.
4. Attach a link to an example of your work; this can be a Youtube link, a reel, your website, or a link to a project that you have contributed to. Describe your role in the project.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (4) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1136611
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1136611