Post Date: 02/20/2018
Close Date: 03/26/2018
General Summary: The Lead General Ledger Accountant performs day to day management of General Ledger accounting. This position is also responsible for leading and supporting the team in conducting key activities such as Month-End close, Account Reconciliations and Audits.
• Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
• Day to day management of general ledger
• Management of all phases of month end close process
• Ensure journal entries are posted timely and accurately with proper substantiation, including recurring and non-standard entries
• Periodic evaluation of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness
• Work closely with the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely transactions, process, and accuracy of general ledger entries
• Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts that have a wide diversity in size and complexity, which may include accrual, prepaid, sub-ledger, cash, intercompany, reserve, or equity accounts. Ensure reconciling items are identified and resolved in a timely manner
• Subsequent to posting of journal entries from all participating team members, draft monthly financial statements to prior periods, identifying, documenting, and resolving any significant variances from trend, expectations, or subsidiary ledger balances
• Documents and maintain close processes, procedures, and calendar. Full implementation and management of Floqast software
• Coordinate with Controller regarding staff work on year-end audit and tax preparation. Interface with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit
• Assist with implementation of new ERP, solutions, and processes as needed
• Other duties/projects as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support and model VetSource’s Core Value Principles: Do the right thing every time; Treat others the way you want to be treated; Embrace Change; Be innovative; Get it done; Work hard, have fun! Employees will be held accountable for knowledge and effective application of these principles.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Substantial knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills
• Experience in preparing financial statements with a strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principles
• Strong skills in working with expenses, accounting, and ability to reconcile accounts
• Must be able to use discretion in dealing with confidential material
• Have a genuine passion for providing excellent work
• Be innovative and embrace change
• Exhibit a willingness to consistently take on new challenges
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to resolve complex problems with multiple variables
• Must be able to make sound judgement decisions and know when to ask their manager for assistance.
• Ability to recognize process deficiencies and recommend/implement improvements
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to work with all levels of staff and management both as a self-starter and in a team environment
• Proven ability to plan, organize, and oversee assigned projects
• Outstanding organizational and accurate data entry skills with strong attention to detail
• Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods
• Self- motivated with a strong desire to learn new products and technologies.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Ability to use multiple computer programs at once
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
• Minimum 5 years General Ledger experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field, or relevant experience
• Ability to work sitting at a computer for long periods of time
• Ability to work on repetitive tasks and maintain focus
• Environment where dogs may be present (office areas only)
• Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending, Life, and 401(k).
VetSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer that abides by federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin; or their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities.