Post Date: 02/02/2018
Close Date: 02/18/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Systems Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will provide information technology analysis support for custom build and purchased software systems for new work and enhancement requests to automate the business of the Oregon Health Authority and the Department of Human Services.
You will identify new ways of performing business processes based on large amounts of complex and diverse business and technical needs and requirements. You will meet with customer to gather and translate requirements into general and detailed specifications. Your analysis will affect the ability of the business and OIS to meet their strategic and tactical goals. This work requires a high level of technical skill and a very careful, methodical and interactive process. This position also recommends changes in business operations to effectively utilize system resources and it reviews and approves all design deliverables including logical data models for conformance to overall strategic plan and physical design standards.
In this role, you will assist and facilitate the design and development of computer information systems by creating a common understanding between users and developers. You will conduct, prepare and complete analysis of business requirements to aid in the successful implementation of IT projects. You will be part of a team that supports mostly Public Health Systems.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Business Systems Analyst, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND four (4) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong working knowledge of database manipulation and reporting.
• Strong working knowledge of modern relational database design, modeling, manipulation and reporting tools such as, SSIS, SSRS or Crystal Reports.
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Experience analyzing business requirements, processes and policies.
• Experience collecting, analyzing and developing technical specifications for business requirements.
• Experience conducting feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses.
• Application program problem analysis and testing skills.
• Experience performing evaluation and improvement activities for applications.
• Ability to plan, oversee, coordinate, implement and evaluate applications.
• Working knowledge of project administration methods, principles, techniques and practices.
• Working knowledge of software development methods including analysis, design and programming standards and techniques.
• Understanding of information systems analysis, design and data management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of systems operating software and languages.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.