Post Date: 01/29/2018
Close Date: 05/04/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Software Tester with Lead experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
What you will do!
As a Legacy Test Lead, you will be responsible for proposing, developing and integrating test methods, tools, techniques and procedures for the IT Legacy Project. In this role, you will assist in establishing and maturing Quality Assurance and testing best practices that support the effective implementation and maturation of the testing process with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
This position will give you the opportunity to recommend resources, processes and technologies for testing IT Projects. You will develop project test strategies and test plans that guide test analysis, design, development, execution (both manual and automated), coverage analysis, defect management and reporting for assigned projects.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Software Tester with Lead experience, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Software Testing;
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Software Testing;
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Software Testing;
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Software Testing.
• Expertise in Quality Assurance and the goals and characteristics of the various types of testing performed in the Software Development Lifecycle SDLC.
• Strong working knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of IT and a broad understanding of contemporary SDLC approaches and trends.
• Proficiency in the fundamental principles of software testing as defined by the Foundation Level Syllabus of the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ITSQB).
• Current experience with enterprise test management tools such as HP Application Lifecycle Management and Microsoft Test Manager. Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of these tools.
• Ability to apply test automation principles, tools and techniques, quality assurance and quality control principles and practices.
• Solid understanding of the principles, practices, tools and techniques in the following areas:
o IT Service Management,
o Project Management,
o Requirements Verification, and
o Business Process Modeling.
• Ability to lead technical and non-technical requirements gathering and analysis projects.
• Ability to lead coordination efforts and collaboration with project teams impacting team development and support efforts.
• Systems Analysis skills with the ability to lead or coordinate technology based business process designs from problem statement to system implementation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.