Post Date: 12/22/2017
Close Date: 01/17/2018
Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: MHT-157
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
SAGE is a residential program for child survivors of commercial sexual exploitation. The program serves girls ages 11-17 from around Oregon and provides them with a safe and secure setting in which to move toward their goals, build self-esteem and resilience, and reconnect to the community. The Mental Health Therapist provides clinical care for all clients in care, with emphasis on their assigned caseload. This includes regular individual, family and group counseling along with intensive case management.
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• MSW or a master’s degree in psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science in which clinical experience is required and two years of postgraduate direct service delivery experience
• Qualify as a QMHP in the State of Oregon required
• Licensure or licensed eligible preferred.
• Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides individual, family and group therapy for clients in placement.
• Works effectively with family and/or significant community members to enhance treatment planning and discharge.
• Learns and applies all required evidence based treatment practices in therapy and the milieu including attending all required trainings.
• Works effectively with program staff and external stakeholders to ensure clients receive highest quality services possible.
• Supervise client in milieu, modeling appropriate interactions for other staff and delivers treatment services in the milieu setting.
• Completes clinical assessments, treatment plans and other assigned record keeping tasks
• May supervise recreational activities following Morrison policy to provide treatment focus during activities.
• May involve supervision of graduate students and volunteers.
• Provides a safe and respectful environment for clients.
• Attends and participates in regular staff and clinical meetings along with shift changes.
• Adheres to program, agency and contract quality assurance standards.
• Follows HIPPA guidelines, federal regulations and Morrison policy.
• Participates in required trainings to enhance skills related to client population of the program.
• Participates in the after hour coverage as assigned.
• Completes, timely and accurately, timesheets and other personnel/administrative records as required.
Pay Range: $17.36-$18.48
Bilingual Pay Range: $19.33-$20.57
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “MHT-157” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Mental Health Therapist position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/mental-health-therapist-5/