Post Date: 03/08/2018
Close Date: 03/26/2018
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Primary Care Insurance Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Billing and Business Information Systems Dept
REPORTS TO: Primary Care Coding and Insurance Supervisor
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
WAGE: $18.45-$20.30/per hour
SUMMARY: The Primary Care Insurance Specialist works as part of the Billing and Business Information Systems Dept (BBIS) to manage the accuracy of data entry for each patient provided services at our Primary Care office. Responsibilities include entering all Patient Registrations, verifying insurance eligibility and benefits, manage Primary Care Assignments, Prior Authorizations, posting charges and payments, and assisting patient’s as needed with Business Office inquiries. Minimum 1-year current experience working in the medical or behavioral health industry is required.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred.
2. 1-year current experience insurance coding, billing, and accounts receivable processes in a medical clinic or behavioral health setting.
3. Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
4. Current and thorough knowledge of billing, insurance processing, follow-up, and managed care requirements-with a primary emphasis on the Oregon Health Plan.
9. Current and thorough knowledge of ICD-9/10, CPT and HCPCS codes preferred.
10. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
11. Experience with Electronic Health Records and Centricity preferred.
12. Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience preferred.
5. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be currently clean and sober.
6. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
7. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
8. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
9. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers in a team atmosphere, clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual orientations, and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/