Post Date: 03/01/2018
Close Date: 03/10/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 10, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Banquet Captain (R18-099)
The Banquet Captain works directly with guest event coordinators or hosts, and is responsible for addressing any questions or concerns that come up before, during or after event service. This position supports all aspects of the banquet facilities, events, or meetings including, set-up, audio/visual technology, focusing on detail and quality of service to all clients. The Banquet Captain is also responsible for proper and safe use of facility equipment and to ensure that all standards of service are applied to provide client satisfaction, and support oversight of contingent staff. This position works directly under the oversight and guidance of the Lead Banquet Specialist.
Schedule is 30-35 hours per week Monday through Sunday. Some nights may be required depending on events.
• High School Diploma and Degree in the Hospitality industry, equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Working knowledge of the hospitality industry, its principles and practices related to catering/banquet operations, and Point of Sale software.
• Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Positive interpersonal and customer service skills..
• Effective communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to represent the WTC Conference Center to external entities.
• OLCC Servers Permit and Multnomah County Food Handlers Card are required and must be maintained to ensure currency during the course of employment.
• CPR and First Aid Certification.
• Working knowledge of Audio Visual equipment (microphones, LCD projectors, and other standard equipment).
• Basic Computer skills are required and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel is preferred.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-099. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING