Post Date: 02/05/2018
Close Date: 02/12/2018
The City of Gresham has an exciting opportunity for two Utility Customer Service Representatives in our Financial Operations Division of the Finance and Management Services Division. Working in this role, you will perform a full range of customer service duties in a fast-paced environment. If you enjoy working with the public and have a passion for assisting people, this may be a great position for you! Although not required, bi-lingual skills in Spanish or Russian are highly desirable.
This recruitment will be for the following positions:
• Part-time, regular status Monday-Friday 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
• Full-time, limited-duration (anticipated duration of 2 years) Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Candidates will be placed on an eligibility list for future consideration if not selected for either of these two positions to fill another vacancy anticipated within the next six months.
Gresham, the fourth largest city in the state of Oregon, is situated near the scenic Columbia River Gorge, Mount Hood recreation area and minutes from Portland. Our City boasts a proud, diverse and growing population. Under the direction of the Financial Operations Manager, this position plays a role in promoting the City's organizational value of public service by supporting various customer service functions.
The City of Gresham's Department of Finance and Management Services provides water, stormwater and wastewater utility services to residents of Gresham. As a Utility Customer Service Representative, you will be an initial point of contact to provide a full range of customer service activities to assist utility customers.
Working in this capacity, you will get to:
• Assist walk-in customers at the utility counter who request information, wish to pay their utility bills and other needs.
• Answer phone calls and respond to requests for information related to City utility services.
• Perform daily cashiering functions.
• Learn and correctly interpret and apply policies and procedures.
• Accurately type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
• Work independently without detailed oversight and review.
• Review water use and water leaks using Sensus automated meter interface.
• Process move-in and move-out requests.
• Promote the City's automated services for autopay and electronic billing.
• Process billing adjustments.
• Prepare refunds for closed customer accounts.
• Provide customer assistance and special payment agreements for overdue accounts.
• Review and post daily automated payment files to utility accounts.
• Fold and stuff mailers for various other City departments.
• Assist with passport customer service (once certified).
• Assist with License inquiries and notice processing
The successful candidate will:
• Maintain a high level of customer service by interacting positively with a diverse customer base in all situations.
• Diffuse and resolve difficult or hostile situations.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Understand and explain the wide range of services (including automated options) that the City of Gresham offers.
• Possess basic knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office
• Have familiarity with database software programs
• Accurately and honestly handle cash
• Effectively communicate; both speaking and writing
• Juggle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy
• Be a respectful and collaborative team player
• Be able to stand for long periods of time
• Be able to lift up to 40 pounds
• High school diploma or GED
• One year to three years of customer service and/or general office experience
• Bi-lingual skills in Spanish or Russian highly desirable, but not required
Apply online at: www.GreshamOregon.gov/jobs
Complete details: www.GreshamOregon.gov/jobs