Post Date: 02/12/2018
Close Date: 05/31/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has fantastic opportunities for three experienced Testing Engineers to join an excellent team and lead testing efforts for their Integrated Eligibility Legacy Project.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Senior Testing Engineer, you will be responsible for proposing, developing and integrating test methods, tools, techniques and procedures for the IE Legacy Project. You will assist in establishing and maturing QA and testing best practices that support the effective implementation and maturation of the testing process within the OIS software development lifecycle (SDLC).
In this role, you will recommend and utilize processes and technologies for testing DHS/OHA IT Projects. You will develop project test strategies and test plans that guide test analysis, design, development, execution (both manual and automated), coverage analysis, defect management, and reporting for assigned projects.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Testing Engineer, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Software Testing.
• Experience with current enterprise test management tools such as HP Application Lifecycle Management and Microsoft Test Manager along with a strong understanding of the capabilities and limitations.
• Expert-level knowledge of quality assurance as well as the goals and characteristics of the various types of testing performed in the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Strong working knowledge of theories, principles and practices of IT and contemporary SDLC approaches and trends.
• Proficiency in the fundamental principles of software testing as defined by the Foundation Level Syllabus of the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ITSQB).
• Experience in the application of test automation principles, tools and techniques as well as quality assurance and quality control principles and practices.
• Solid understanding of IT service management, project management, requirements verification, and business process modeling.
• Ability to lead technical and non-technical requirements gathering and analysis projects.
• Ability to lead coordination and collaboration with project teams impacting team development and support efforts.
• Systems analysis skills to lead and coordinate technology based business process design from problem statement to system implementation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.