Post Date: 02/05/2018
Close Date: 02/28/2018
District Custodial Manager
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09329
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Level L; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $73,118 to range mid-point of $89,428. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $73,118 to $106,021)
Job Close Date: Apply by February 28, 2018 for best consideration
Ensures consistency across District facilities in terms of cleanliness, a hazard-free environment, and responsiveness to custodial requests. Identifies opportunities for effectiveness and efficiencies across the District, including cost efficiencies achieved through standardized use of equipment and supplies and is responsible for the implementation of those efforts throughout the district. Plans, organizes and manages district-wide custodial functions.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and administers operational policies, procedures, and processes to ensure a fully operational, clean, and safe environment for campus and center faculty, staff, students, and guests. Monitors compliance with applicable environmental/hazardous waste, waste management and recycling regulations, storm water management, and local codes.
- Supervises paraprofessionals, technical/support and classified staff and performs both direct and indirect supervision through subordinates. Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Administers procurement and fiscal management activities associated with custodial activities. Prepares RFQs, RFPs, and ITBs for custodial related work and monitors associated budgets and vendor performance and outcomes. Ensures compliance with College and public purchasing rules.
- Serves as a contact with outside contractors, third party administrators, and vendors regarding services requested. Monitors and oversees the work to ensure terms of agreements are met and work is completed satisfactorily.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding programs, information resources, services, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate. Cultivates and manages relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develops, implements, and monitors multiple program budgets, ensuring compliance with applicable fiscal restraints; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
- Develops standard operating procedures and performance standards for services.
- Analyzes staffing, equipment, and material needs for operational activities and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Responds to facilities emergencies and deploys appropriate resources and resolves facilities operational problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Four years progressively responsible custodial services or physical plant, including one year of supervisory experience.
Position requires valid State of Oregon Driver's License.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
Inventory management principles and practices;
Basic budgeting principles;
Project management principles;
Vendor management principles.
Demonstrated Skill in:
Supervising subordinate staff;
Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
Monitoring and maintaining inventory;
Monitoring the performance of external contractors and vendors;
Managing projects within assigned parameters;
Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment;
Reading blueprints, schematic drawings, and/or construction drawings;
Inventorying and purchasing materials, equipment, and supplies;
Prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
Monitoring assigned budget;
Troubleshooting complex problems related to a variety of facility systems;
Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities;
Recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and work flow;
Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is generally performed in both an office environment and an outdoor environment, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent reaching, sitting, walking, standing, climbing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment and materials may be required. Incumbents may be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Incumbent may be exposed to extreme temperatures, close quarter situations, high and precarious places, moving mechanical parts, and vibrations.
1. Experience in a higher education setting.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with complex issues and excellent mediation skills.
3. Able to work effectively with other departments and break down silos.
4. Experience in managing subordinate managers in multiple remote locations: providing strong leadership, setting clear expectations and providing regular feedback.
5. Knowledge of required and recommended training for custodial staff.
6. Knowledge of effective and efficient custodial methods and practices including use of current equipment and supplies.
7. Ability to ensure consistency in custodial standards and work practices across multiple locations.
8. Previous experience as a custodian.
9. Has served in a leading role in developing policies and procedures around a green cleaning program and/or creating sustainable practices in a custodial environment
10. Ability to work in a diverse environment and encourage equity and inclusion.
11. Able to work effectively with other departments and break down silos.
12. Experience managing multiple budget programs including procurement, contract management and public bidding processes.
13. Experience with work order system.
14. Knowledge of best practices and compliance issues related to Risk, Safety and Environmental Health as it relates to a facility management environment.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1163733
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1163733