Post Date: 11/29/2017
Close Date: 02/26/2018
Clark College is currently seeking to fill part-time Japanese Instructor position to teach Professional Technical Computational Skills (PTCS 110) for upcoming terms. Applicants must be available to teach Monday through Friday in the daytime or the evening. Lecture rate is $62.80/hour and the lab rate is $53.60/hour.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
General Faculty Responsibilities:
• Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning.
• Pursue professional development.
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
• Master’s degree in Japanese language or related field.
• Experience teaching at the college level.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages, from academically, culturally, and socio-economically diverse backgrounds.
• Experience teaching at the community college level.
• Exceptional teaching skills.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Willingness to be a resource for both students and other faculty.
• Incorporation of teaching methods that reflect an awareness of multiple learning styles.
• Understanding of the commitment to the mission of the community college.
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning.
• Willingness to participate in a variety of departmental campus activities. Ability to work well as a member of a team.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College online application
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
• Current résumé
Open until filled.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Condition of Employment:
• Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
• Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
November 29, 2017