Post Date: 02/14/2018
Close Date: 05/31/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Testing Tools and Automation Specialist to join an excellent team and lead their IE Legacy Project.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Testing Tools and Automation Specialist, you will be responsible for proposing, developing, and integrating automated testing tools, techniques, and procedures for the IE Legacy Project.
In this role, you will assist in establishing and maturing QA and testing best practices that support the effective implementation and maturation of the testing process within the OIS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). You also will recommend and utilize defect management and testing tools for DHS/OHA IT projects.
Additionally, you will assist in the creation and development of project test strategies and test plans that employ automated testing, scripted tests, and defect management tools for assigned projects.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Testing Tools and Automation Specialist, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Software Testing.
• Experience in the application of test automation principles, tools, and techniques as well as quality assurance and quality control principles and practices.
• Experience with the capabilities and limitations of current enterprise test management tools such as HP Application Lifecycle Management and Microsoft Test Manager.
• Expert-level skills in quality assurance and the goals and characteristics of the various types of testing performed throughout the SDLC.
• Proficiency in software testing as defined by the Foundation Level Syllabus of the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
• Solid understanding of contemporary SDLC approaches and trends.
• Working knowledge of IT Service Management, Project Management, Requirements Verification, and Business Process Modeling.
• Ability to lead technical and non-technical requirements gathering and analysis projects.
• Ability to lead coordination and collaboration with project teams impacting team development and support efforts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.