Post Date: 02/15/2018
Close Date: 05/31/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Analyst with Development experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Senior Systems Analyst, you will provide expert-level architectural support and testing guidance for technically sophisticated computer software and data systems that are foundational to the ongoing operation of large scale, mission critical computer systems within The Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
In this role, you will utilize technical skills and abilities at the highest level in the analysis and resolution of technical problems in the areas of customer assistance, operational maintenance and construction. You will serve a customer base that includes technically sophisticated end-users, software vendors and supplies, systems programmers, technical contractors, system management staff, and various other systems operation staff.
In this position, you will provide information systems services to facilitate the proper functioning of the various programs and daily operations. You will support the agency's mission and program objectives through timely and accurate issue of benefits, including, but not limited to cash, food stamps, child support, provider pay, and medical care by ensuring maximum availability of systems to end users.
Additionally, you will work with other system team leads and/or managers responsible for coordinating one or more projects while developing team work schedules and priorities for multiple assignments.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Systems Analyst with Development experience, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Systems Analysis.
• Strong working knowledge of systems development, software testing and systems delivery concepts, methodologies, techniques and tools.
• Systems development experience with a mix of database management systems and distributed data with remote input and manipulation, multiple remote locations, IS standards, and a significant amount of expansion or change to existing business processes.
• Technical project management skills with an ability to prioritize project dependencies, identify high-risk work, develop technical risk and mitigation plans, and communicate schedule impacts to a broad audience of both business and technical stakeholder.
• In-depth expertise in application support, development, programming, testing and/or database administration using one or more of the following technologies in support of customer requirements:
o DB2 z/OS and LUVV,
o SQL Server,
o Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), and
o System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Experience managing projects under Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
• Experience estimating project resources and schedules for complex system development efforts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.