Post Date: 01/24/2018
Close Date: 04/30/2018
Custodian - Various Shifts and Locations
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09258
Location: Various Locations
Address: Various Locations
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Classified; Level 12; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $2,250 to $2,299 per month. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This is an Open applicant pool for several upcoming positions. Successful applicants who pass screening and interview will be offered positions as they become available.
Various shifts and locations will be available throughout the district.
Early Shift - 4 am to 12:30 pm
Swing Shift - 1:30 pm to 10 pm
Under the direction of facilities service management, performs assigned cleaning and maintenance tasks in college buildings. Uses a variety of equipment and supplies to maintain a clean and safe environment. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and accept ability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Incumbent's services impact others who make a broader contribution to the final service provided the customer. Job requires ordinary verbal skills to exchange routine information. Responsible for performing journey-level work output on an independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs regular cleaning of floors, walls, counters, windows, chalkboards, building exteriors, skylights and other surfaces, according to established standards.
2. Performs periodic maintenance of hard surface floors and carpeted floors.
3. Fills paper product dispensers in restrooms and other designated areas.
4. Empties and cleans trash receptacles, pencil sharpeners, ash cans and recycling containers.
5. Adheres to security procedures in opening and locking facilities and arming and disarming intrusion alarms.
6. Reports problems and deficiencies in facilities and maintenance equipment and maintenance equipment to supervisor, including any safety issues.
7. Replaces light bulbs and diffusers in fixtures.
8. Cleans all HVAC grills, diffusers and air intakes. Monitors boilers, HVAC and swimming pool operations.
9. Uses industrial vacuum cleaners, buffers, extractors, auto scrubbers, shampooers and other assigned equipment. Performs routine preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
10. Resolves problems such as plugged toilets, sinks, floor drains and roof drains. Performs preventative maintenance on
drains, traps and water filters.
11. Stores tools, equipment and supplies in designated areas after use.
12. Cleans spills as needed, including body fluids.
13. Cleans, straightens and does minor maintenance on general purpose classroom furniture.
14. Sets up chairs and tables for special events.
15. Cleans and disinfects all fixtures and surfaces in restrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities, as well as all drinking fountains.
16. Responds immediately during shift hours to requests by campus staff or administration for any emergency which may require minor maintenance.
17. Operates fork lift and college vehicles, as designated.
18. Performs outdoor duties during inclement weather, i.e., snow removal, sanding and de-icing.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of six months experience working as a custodian is required.
- Must have basic computer skills and understanding of basic operations and software applications such as e-mail.
- Knowledge of floor scrubbing machines, carpet shampooing equipment and high speed floor polishing equipment is required.
- Knowledge of the use of cleaning agents which includes solvents, disinfectants, detergents and polishing agents required.
- Knowledge of standard custodial practices, procedures and techniques.
Work environment includes areas inside and outside the assigned campus buildings and may include working in high places. Exposure to dirt, dust and cleaning materials. Work will require periodic use of respirators.
Learned physical skill is required to perform custodial and maintenance tasks.
Job requires capacity for sustained physical effort, moderate strength and agility.
- Applicants selected for jobs will be required to complete a successful criminal records check.
- Applicants selected for jobs will be required to complete a physical examination in order to evaluate ability to perform job requirements.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- INSERT PREFERRED QUALS HERE
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1154944
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1154944