Post Date: 12/08/2017
Close Date: 01/23/2018
Compensation Analyst, Human Resources
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09207
Location: Downtown Center
Address: 722 SW 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Confidential; Level H; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Range is $54,424 to the mid-point of $64,216. Placement generally will not exceed mid-point, and is based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Salary Range $54,42
Job Close Date: Apply by December 20, 2017 for best consideration
Portland Community College is looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our Human Resources team. To fill this critical role, we are seeking an individual who brings both a strong analytical and technical approach to the work, and the ability to communicate the complex information and outcomes effectively to employees, managers and College leadership. On a daily basis, you will draw on your analytical strength, ability to consider multiple solutions, and competence working with people from all backgrounds, perspectives and cultures.
PCC serves nearly 80,000 full and part-time students from all walks of life in the Portland area. Equitable student success is central to all roles at PCC, and as a College, we are committed to a culture which values human diversity and cultural competency for our students, our employees and our community.
In the official responsibilities, the Compensation Analyst is responsible for maintaining and ensuring the consistent application of PCC's classification standards for job classes. You will perform a variety of professional, technical and analytical classification and compensation activities in maintenance of the College's compensation system.
If this sounds like a community you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum and preferred qualifications listed below, and apply today!
Please be sure to describe how you meet each of these qualifications so that we can get to know you and what you can bring to Portland Community College.
Here is our intended timeline
- Best Application Consideration Date: December 20, 2017
- Initial Interviews: Week of January 8, 2018
- Finalist (On-Campus) Interviews: Week of January 22, 2017
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- 14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
- 1 day of Sick Leave per month
- 11 Holidays
- 3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews new positions in anticipation of recruitment to ensure appropriate classification. Based on position-specific information, determines if an existing description can be used for classification. As necessary, modifies and creates new descriptions which accurately reflect current roles, responsibilities and requirements.
- Uses published or conducts ad hoc surveys to obtain and analyze market pay rates. Makes recommendations on appropriate pay grade level. Reviews recommendations within PCC context for internal equity. Prepares reports on findings and handles administrative steps to formalize recommendations.
- Reviews employees' request for classification review and makes classification/pay level determinations. This includes reviewing job questionnaires, conferring with managers and employees, evaluating jobs and preparing written reports on findings. Communicates with stakeholders regarding the result of compensation work.
- Reviews jobs for reorganizations, contractual reviews and projects, including both job audit and evaluation. Documents job-specific findings and recommendations to contribute to a comprehensive project report.
- Responds to employee classification appeals; organizes and participates in the formal appeal hearings process.
- Working within PCC systems and procedures, ensures all aspects of job creation are addressed in a timely manner i.e. creation of position numbers, posting of new and revised descriptions, etc.
- Researches situations as they arise related to aspects of compensation to provide clarity for resolution in consideration of contract provisions, historical practices, similar situations, etc.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on projects and human resource metrics.
- Reviews and recommends salary placements for new hires.
- Provides data input to annual salary surveys.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office environment, with interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent reaching, sitting, walking, and standing may be required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is need to perform the job.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or other discipline directly related to the position (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- Two years of experience performing compensation and data analysis.
Important Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Human Resources principles and best practices in compensation including job analysis/evaluation;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local rules, regulations and/or statutes;
- Research methods and data analysis techniques;
- Microsoft Excel for analysis of data;
- Employee relations principles and practices;
- Customer service principles.
- Conducting studies and preparing sound recommendations;
- Analyzing and interpreting policies, practices and procedures;
- Preparing written reports for varied audiences;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Conducting research, analyzing information and data and presenting findings in a concise format;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Addressing difficult situations in a constructive manner;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
- Negotiation and problem solving;
- Building a rapport with employees and managers in conducting job reviews.
- Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally;
- Handle sensitive and confidential matters and situations;
- Understand and follow broad and complex instructions;
- Work with diverse populations, both internally and externally.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Able to show strong communication, intercultural and interpersonal skills to effectively deliver complex information and outcomes to a variety of employee and management levels.
- Demonstrated experience participating in and utilizing salary surveys to effectively perform compensation market analyses
- Experience completing full job analysis and classification and/or grade placement
- Experience working in regulated employment environment (for example, unionized, contract-based)
- Demonstrated experience using Human Resources data to create efficient processes - utilizing HR information systems to accurately and efficiency pull and utilize data, update database information, perform data corrections, etc.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter that describes how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Notes to Applicants
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1133527
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1133527