Post Date: 01/26/2018
Close Date: 02/28/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Integrated Absence Management Specialist (T17-075)
This is a temporary position with benefits after completing 60 days of employment. The position may last up to 12 months depending on business needs and performance.
In this position, you will provide disability case management for all aspects of PGE’s Integrate Absence Management (IAM) program, to include Leaves of Absence; Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA), Workers’ Compensation (WC), claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA). Work with stakeholders to develop and implement absence management and return to work strategies, including review and development of policies and procedures, to maintain a compliant and efficient Integrated Absence Management (IAM) Program.
You will support our journey by:
• Perform individual case analysis to determine eligibility for benefits according to federal and state leaves laws or application of the Oregon Workers’ Compensation rules and statutes, as appropriate, as well as, PGE provided benefits including short term disability and long term disability according to area of assigned responsibility
• Manage leaves of absence and WC cases from initiation to close using accepted disability claims management practices, including, thorough medical and factual investigation, determination of claim approvals/denials; authorization of medical procedures, rehabilitation tools/necessities, and establish and maintain appropriate financial reserves, as required
• Limit disability payments, including WC time loss and short-term disability payments through coordination of early return-to-work and stay-at-work services
• Provide consultation and recommendations, as appropriate, to employees and managers on federal and state leaves of absence, ADAAA, Worker’s Compensation and Return to Work/Stay at Work issues
• Ensure that the integration of the various disability management programs are facilitated as needed and benefits are provided in a timely and accurate manner
• Early recognition of employees with occupational and non-occupational injuries or illness who are unable to return to a suitable position within PGE due to their limitations and facilitate referral to applicable resources such as vocational rehab, ADAAA interactive process, or other suitable solution
• Document all correspondence, medical documentation, meetings, and interactions with the employee, manager, and any other involved parties, including tracking the progress of the case and initiating any follow-up
• Collaborate with outside third party vendors, as needed, to manage leave of absence or workers’ compensation cases
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements related to administration of leaves of absence and workers’ compensation including timely and accurate payment of benefits.
• Accurately and timely request recovery of funds from all State reimbursements programs: wage subsidies, Employer-at- Injury Program (EAIP), Preferred Worker Program (PWP), Retroactive Program Reimbursements on all Permanent Total and Fatality claims, job site modification reimbursements and third party recovery liens, as well as excess insurance recoveries.
• Participate in the preparation and provision of information to external and internal auditors.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of disability claims management including effective return to work strategies, plan interpretation, vocational rehabilitation, occupational/physical therapy, psychology/mental issues, employee assistance programs, ergonomics, and understanding of claims hearing process.
• Proficient in mathematics and reading skills
• Working knowledge of medical terminology with demonstrated ability to interact with medical providers on claims.
• Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations related to FMLA, OFLA, ADAAA, Oregon Workers’ Compensation and HIPAA
• Basic understanding of FLSA, ERISA, COBRA, OSHA, OPUC.
• Basic knowledge of physical job analysis, job description essential functions and worksite modification principles.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills. Thorough knowledge and understanding of processes/theories to perform tasks with complete independence; ability to analyze problems, recommend solutions, and execute and implement plans independently. Excellent decision making skills.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education preferred. Five or more years of applicable experience in workers’ compensation claim management, disability management, ADAAA case management and/or Leaves of Absence management. A current valid driver’s license with evidence of safe driving habits is required. Current Oregon Workers’ Compensation Claims Examiner Certification or ability to obtain within 1 year of entering this position. Certified Professional Disability Management (CPDM) or similar professional certification, preferred.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=T17-075. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL ONLY JOB POSTING.