Post Date: 11/27/2017
Close Date: 01/31/2018
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned IT Leader with Business Relationship Management experience to join an excellent team and work to advance IT service delivery.
What you will do!
As the IT Director of Business Engagement Services, you will assist the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in planning and directing the administration, operation and statewide service delivery of all information systems to over 11,000 employees of OHA and DHS and the clients whom the serve.
In this role, you will serve in a strategic level position and participate in setting the strategic direction for the use of technology to support OHA and DHS programmatic and administrative functions. You will create tactical plans and project plans and may be involved in statewide planning efforts.
In this position, you will help the CIO initiate, develop and implement OIS programs, policies and procedures. As a member of the OIS executive staff, you will oversee the unit providing business relationship management and funding services for all program areas within DHS and OHA.
You will also provide the first line of contact for business units seeking OIS services, ensuring the alignment of solutions with agency and technology strategic plans. Staff and managers in the OIS Business Engagement Services section will report directly to you.
Additionally, you will represent OIS in statewide and central/shared services groups, which may include governance committees, steering committees or other decision-making bodies.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an IT Leader with Business Relationship Management experience, don't delay, apply today!
Four years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, AND d) budget preparation.
Three years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, AND d) budget preparation; AND 45-48 quarter hours (30-32 semester hours) of graduate level coursework in management.
• Executive management experience along with up-to-date technical expertise and knowledge needed to direct technical experts.
• Direct experience in business relationship management and governance
• Ability to translate technical issues and ideals into non-technical business language understandable by all levels of management and customers throughout state government.
• Ability to translate business needs into technology outcomes.
• Strong working knowledge of information technology services and project management methodologies.
• Strong customer service orientation and a high degree of responsiveness to customer requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Innovative thinking, flexibility and an ability to manage change and varied resources.
• Ability to set clear guidelines, model expected office professional behaviors, and establish and maintain clear methods for reporting inappropriate actions.
• Willingness to consistently treat customers, stakeholders, partners, vendors, and co-workers with dignity and respect, and create and maintain a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Public Administration, Business Management or a related field.