Post Date: 02/23/2018
Close Date: 06/30/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Test Environment Engineer to join an excellent team and lead their IE Legacy Project.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Test Environment Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting application deployment, configurations, and monitoring in multiple test environments for the IE Legacy Project. This will entail planning for and implementing changes to the capacity of environments to maintain the performance of the applications.
In this role, you will assist in establishing and maturing QA and testing best practices that support the effective implementation and maturation of the testing process within the OIS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). You will participate in the management, execution and auditing of application tests. You also will utilize defect management and testing tools for DHS/OHA IT projects.
Additionally, you will assist in the creation and development of project test strategies and test plans for applications including automated testing, scripted tests, and defect management tools for assigned projects.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Test Environment Engineer, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Software Testing.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Software Testing.
• Experience with configuring environments, connectivity, and monitoring of applications on multiple platforms and in multiple platform languages.
• Ability to perform and/or assist with Code and configuration deployments in test environments.
• Expert-level skills in release management of applications and coordination of necessary resources and processes.
• Experience with the planning of capacity and maintenance of performance of the related applications in test environments.
• Ability to proactively suggest improvements related to applications in test environment.
• Experience with assuring test applications are identical to the ones on production environment – conducts environment refresh activities on regular basis.
• Solid understanding of contemporary SDLC approaches and trends.
• Experience in providing application and operation expertise to support identification of test environment needs for the testing phase of the projects.
• Working knowledge of IT Service Management, Project Management, Requirements Verification, and Business Process Modeling.
• Ability to lead coordination and collaboration with project teams impacting team development and support efforts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.