Post Date: 10/10/2018
Close Date: 10/12/2018
Under the direction of the Director of Planning & Policy, develop and implement a strategy to maximize TriMet's opportunities to compete for and win allocations of local, state, federal government discretionary resources and private grant funds. Facilitate and administer development of external funding strategies, grant activities and/ or strategic partnerships with external partners. Identify grant opportunities that are a best fit for TriMet capital and operating needs, understand and communicate external funder priorities, track the characteristics of successful applicants, and work with internal and external partners to coordinate development of grant-eligible projects or project elements.
1. Provide strategic recommendations to Director of Planning & Policy and Executive Director of Public Affairs on which federal, state, local, or private grant and funding opportunities to pursue. Use Grants Administrator tracking and analysis of potential funding opportunities to inform opportunities.
2. Seek strategic partnerships and proactively assess trends in policy by funders to maximize opportunities for TriMet to compete for and win external funding.
3. Manage and lead grant related activities including: facilitating an efficient proposal production process; prepare and write smaller grant proposals, conducting effective project planning; organize early project development to maximize competitiveness at the same time as alignment with TriMet goals in the Business Plan, CIP, and Budget; coordinating proposal teams; researching and reviewing funding opportunities; analyzing competitive positioning and risk; grant proposal editing; researching governmental and institutional and sponsor policies and regulations to maximize successful applications and identify opportunities to offset TriMet costs.
4. Participates in cross-functional teams with Capital Projects and Financial Services to ensure: the positive performance in the technical, fiscal and operations management of all grant projects; the timely submission of required agency reports; the availability of internal matching funds and staffing resources to perform on any award; and alignment with TriMet strategic and business plans.
5. Facilitates and supports strategic partnership activities with local, state and regional governments, business/industry, community organizations and other entitles by participating in partnership meetings, assisting in negotiations of roles and duties, and the drafting of supportive documents.
6. Participates in the development of internal plans including strategic, capital and operational plan development.
7. Develop memorandums of understanding (MOUs), intergovernmental agreements (IGAs), contracts and other agreements with external partners to secure matching funds, in-kind staffing support, regulatory, policy or other actions necessary to successfully position projects for submission.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in the fields of planning, project management, finance & administration. Master's degree in planning, project management or finance & administration preferred.
A minimum of six (6) years total credited experience. Successful applicant will have a strong background in grant development and grant writing as well as experience in project development and project management.
To learn more and apply, go to: https://trimet.org/careers
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.