Post Date: 01/05/2018
Close Date: 04/30/2018
Journey Level Electrician
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09231
Location: Various Locations
Address: See Below
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Level 23; Full-time; Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $4,043 to $4,140 per month. Higher salary placement available depending on applicant qualifications.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
The Electrician is based at Sylvania Campus but works throughout the school district.
Schedule: 10am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Paid Leave: Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, repairs, installs, services and maintains electrical systems and sub-systems including conduit and duct systems, lighting and power circuits, transformers, control equipment, switches, switchboards, fire and intrusion alarms, elevator controls, fixtures and bell and buzzer systems; works from plans, drawings, blue prints or specifications. Develops sketches or designs for work as appropriate.
- Installs or replaces necessary interior and exterior wiring for equipment, appliances and lighting.
- Installs and performs repair of electrical systems for lighting, heating, ventilation and air conditioning; replaces fuses.
- Responds to electrical emergencies and assists in the diagnosis of outages and interruptions of service. Plans corrective measures and performs repairs.
- Prepares cost estimates for repairs and orders materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Diagnoses and resolves difficult electrical problems; calls electrical company as necessary; knows and understands all safety procedures of the College and observes safety of others and recommends precautionary action while repairs are in progress as necessary. Allows no work to be performed when conditions are considered unsafe.
- Observes and complies with federal, state and local electrical codes.
- Operates a variety of tools and power equipment including saws, voltage tester, ohmmeter, multimeter and other maintenance tools and equipment.
- Coordinates the cleaning and maintenance of electrical equipment and dedicated electrical spaces. Maintains condition of dedicated electrical spaces in a safe and legal condition. Coordinates the storage of electrical supplies and equipment in legal areas.
- Provides work direction and guidance to other maintenance personnel as assigned to properly and safely complete orders.
- Assists in performing other maintenance duties such as assisting in air conditioning and plumbing troubleshooting and repairs as it related to electrical discipline.
- Responds to college emergencies and closures including adverse weather to be certain that all facilities are protected and remain operational. Assists with tasks required in preparing to open campuses after a closure including snow and ice removal, systems and equipment checks and start-up operations as assigned.
- Knows and understands all safety procedures of the College.
- Operates a college vehicle and is responsible for maintenance and the safe operation of that vehicle.
- Attends all regular staff meetings of the Physical Plant maintenance staff and participates in problem solving and discussions of systems and project related issues.
- The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
High school diploma or equivalent.
State of Oregon Journeyman Electrical License is required.
Four years of journey-level commercial/industrial electrical maintenance and repair experience is required.
Must be able to distinguish color-coded cables.
Must have a valid driver's license for operation of a motor vehicle in Oregon and possess an acceptable driving record.
Knowledge of: Principles, methods, equipment and tools used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and electronic equipment; basic electrical theory and calculation of formulas; electrical codes and their proper implementation; health and safety regulations; recordkeeping techniques; electrical systems and repair of heating and cooling systems found in large commercial and public buildings.
Ability to: Repair, install and maintain a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment; make arithmetic calculations related to specialty quickly and accurately; work from blue prints, shop drawings and sketches; use a variety of tools and machines utilized in the basic trade including voltmeter, ohmmeter, multimeter and hydraulic truck lifts; understand and follow oral and written directions; work independently with little direction; perform other skilled maintenance work as assigned; prepare cost estimates; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed primarily in the field at the site of the work. Working conditions may be somewhat disagreeable and involve potential exposure to safety hazards and noise. Regular travel between College facilities in a college vehicle is required.
Work requires the ability to lift moderately heavy equipment and materials, stand for extended periods of time. Extensive walking, climbing ladders and entering cramped and difficult locations may be part of the daily activities depending on work locations. Must be able to use hand tools normally associated with electrical work and small power tools.
When you apply, please be prepared to attach a document that describes your years of experience in each of the following categories:
1. Three years minimum experience in a service work environment.
2. Experience with lighting control systems.
3. Experience working with generator power distribution.
4. Experience in operating scissor lifts, boom lifts, and fork lifts.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter that describes how many years of experience you have in each of the Preferred Qualifications (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
-Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1146196
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1146196