Post Date: 02/23/2018
Close Date: 06/30/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for two experienced Systems Engineers to join an excellent team and help to lead their IE Legacy Project.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will provide consultation to management, professional IT staff and other jurisdictions. In a leadership role, you will conduct comprehensive analysis, planning, development, implementation and coordination for the operations, maintenance, installation and construction of information systems.
In this role, you will be focused on the Integrated Eligibility/Medical Eligibility Project for the duration of the position.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Systems Engineer, don't delay, apply today!
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience In Systems Engineering.
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Systems Engineering.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Systems Engineering.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Systems Engineering.
• Experience administering and managing comprehensive, multi-system projects including directing and motivating internal staff, contractors and other participants.
• Experience using tools for constructing database structures.
• Experience using automation products that support a variety of data management environments.
• Experience determining efficient design and data structures, software applications, and equipment interfaces.
• Ability to identify the scope and complexity of a project and to assign segments of that project to others.
• Strong working knowledge of information systems architecture.
• Solid understanding of methods and procedures for designing, developing, monitoring and maintaining databases.
• Experience developing agreements or contracts; long and short-range plans to meet established goals; and policies and procedures.
• Ability to analyze organizational needs and to implement cost-effective solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business systems and organization structures.
• Experience with contracting for IT services, including negotiation and performance monitoring.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.