Post Date: 12/26/2017
Close Date: 01/12/2018
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Office Assistant 3 to work approximately 17 hours per week in the Economic & Community Development (ECD) department at their location on 500 Broadway Street in downtown Vancouver. This position serves as the front line customer service “face” of the department and provides enrollment services and customer support to our students and instructors. The Office Assistant is the subject matter expert on student registration policies and procedures for registration, as well as responsible for answering student questions and/or directing students to instructors or staff to answer questions regarding ECD classes and trainings. Must be available to work weekdays 12:30p – 5:00p. The salary is $13.29/hour.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Register open enrollment & contract training students in both CampusCE and the college’s management system (SMS).
• Provide students, staff, program participants and / or public with information and interpretation of Economic & Community Development activities and policies.
• Answer telephones; resolve problems and respond to inquiries; assist and advise students and instructors; receive and refer visitors.
• Administer continuing education units and/or course completion certificates to participants.
• Administer and monitor Pearson Vue Certification Testing, NTN testing and other Proctoring as needed within the standards and rules of a testing center.
• Track AIDS tape rentals, including reserving tapes for students, grading the tests and providing Certificates of Completion.
• Perform detailed word processing tasks and maintain spreadsheets for all accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Track and complete in a timely manner internal support requests utilizing Trello project management software.
• Communicate effectively and work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Perform communication via email with excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
• Open and distribute mail to appropriate staff members.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Education: high school graduation or equivalent
• Experience: two years of increasing responsible office experience
• Ability to be self-directed and work independently in a team environment
• Experience working in a fast pace office setting
• Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and data entry
• Must exhibit integrity and discretion while maintaining confidential student information
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• As a condition of employment, this position requires a background check be conducted on applicants prior to hiring.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.