Post Date: 02/28/2018
Close Date: 06/30/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Leader with Medicaid experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As the Program Manager for Medicaid Technology, you will be responsible for managing and directing long-term efforts around modernizing systems and services supporting the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Department of Human Services (DHS).
In this role, you will provide leadership and direction for large efforts to modernize and componentize various systems and solutions supporting Medicaid for Oregon. You will direct and manage a matrixed team of vendors, analysts, project managers and work with executive leaders and subject matter experts within the business and OIS to meet project and organizational goals.
In this role, you will serve as a liaison between external contractors, internal leadership, and other internal stakeholders involved in development of a strategy and plan outlining Oregon's Medicaid Service Delivery Strategy and a roadmap to achieve modernization and modularization of the systems supporting Medicaid. You will also oversee implementation activities associated with modernization of Medicaid related systems. You will lead and manage funding activities associated with Medicaid technology initiatives and will provide oversight and direction for certain Medicaid technology projects.
You will need to demonstrate a solid understanding of Medicaid, Eligibility and the business areas impacted by or associated with the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an IT Leader with Medicaid experience, don't delay, apply today!
Four years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
Three years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation; AND 45-48 quarter hours (30-32 semester hours) of graduate level coursework in management.
You must clearly describe your experience in each of the a), b), c), d) areas listed. Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration.
• Extensive, hands-on experience in technology management and leadership.
• Experience leading and managing teams to successful solution delivery involving multiple interfaces with legacy systems, business process changes, and multiple groups contributing to projects.
• Experience with Medicaid and knowledge of MMIS Modularity.
• Ability to serve as a key advisor and partner with agency business and technology executives in the area of project management strategies and approaches with multi-million dollar projects.
• Recent experience managing and directing technical experts.
• Strong working knowledge in the following areas of technology:
o SDLC methodologies
o Computing environments
• Outstanding facilitation skills with technical and non-technical participants.
• Skills and experience in procurement, contracting, contract administration, budgeting, and financial analysis.
• Strong customer service skills with a high degree of responsiveness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Public Administration, Business Management or a related field.
• PMP Certification.
• Experience in health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.