Post Date: 12/07/2017
Close Date: 03/31/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Analyst III/IV, System Control Center Support (R17-403)
Function in a mid-level analyst capacity supporting complex systems and applications used by the System Control Center (SCC). Systems and Applications include (Energy Management System) EMS, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Interchange Metering, Load Shed, Black Start, State Estimator, Outage Management System (OMS), Outage Coordination Software (CROW), Communication Control System for Dispatch (Zetron) and Data Historian (PI) for Transmission and Distribution data. Requires through knowledge and experience to design, implement and maintain multiple applications and systems. Provide assistance to senior analysts for development of complex operational plans, procedures, and documentation to support operations of the System Control Center. Provide assistance in performing reviews of operational processes. Provide support to NERC reliability and cybersecurity compliance related activities of System Control Center.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or relevant field of study from accredited college or university and work experience in related discipline is preferred.
• Five or more years of relevant work experience specifically related to the daily operations of transmission and generation systems in either EMS or SCADA related fields is required.
• Experience with Open Systems International Monarch EMS Platform or similar application suite is required.
• Experience with OSI Soft PI Data Historian is preferred.
• Experience with Oracle NMS or similar application (Outage Management / Distribution Management) is preferred.
• Experience in computer programming, scripting and application development is preferred.
• Experience in information systems security standards, practices and tools are preferred.
• Through knowledge and experience in SCADA/EMS systems and advanced power system applications
• Through understanding of the utility electrical system and substations and generation plants.
• Through knowledge and experience in System Administration, Backup Storage, Database Administration, Application Development, Operating Systems, Cyber Security and Networking (eg. ESX, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Cisco networking equipment, SQL Server).
• Knowledge and experience in using SCADA protocols (ICCP, DNP 3.0, L&G8979).
• Knowledge and understanding of telecommunication and computer networks used for SCADA.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-403. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING