Post Date: 02/16/2018
Close Date: 03/14/2018
Growing Local Company Seeks Accounting Specialist
Fully is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
We sell and design desks, chairs and things that keep your body moving so you can work and live more fully. We are excited to share we were named one of Oregon’s Top 100 Best Places to Work!
Our rapidly but mindfully growing company is seeking an Accounting Manager at our headquarters in Portland, OR. Please read this ad thoroughly and know we do not accept resumes without the accompaniment of a cover letter. We want to get to know you a bit, so help us out!
A little about us:
We are proud to be a unique and diverse team. We are a quirky collection of creatives, nerds, yogis, dancers, foodies, climbers, cyclists, and movement fanatics. We expect all team members to simply, “come as you are” and we truly mean it.
We are people who don’t fit into boxes and don’t put up with cubicles. Our “open door” policy is more of a “no door” policy and we love sipping a beer on a Friday afternoon while busting a move to the office tunes. We like to talk to each other, share ideas, and collaborate, preferably over kombucha, happy hour, or a waterfront stroll.
We hire people we believe in and who are equally passionate about engaging in a progressive and active workplace. We are constantly moving, learning, and evolving both personally and professionally. Ultimately, we believe life is too short not to love where you work.
A little about you:
You are excited to serve as a mentor and supervisor to our entire Accounting staff. Someone whose passion lies in identifying, designing, and implementing improvements in processes and internal controls in a fast-moving, quickly-scaling accounting environment.
Fully is rapidly growing and expanding and requires an Accounting Specialist eager to make their mark through participation and support of scalable accounting processes that effectively direct this growth. The perfect candidate will feel at home in an ever varied business landscape and thrives on making accurate strategic decisions on target with Fully’s objectives and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounting Specialist assists the Accounting Manager with day-to-day, quarterly and year-end operations of the Accounting department. This includes promoting the integrity of the general ledger by ensuring transactions and journal entries are captured accurately and in the correct reporting period. This position aids in the design and implementation of account reconciliations, roll forwards and related schedules to support period-end balances and assists with the creation. vetting and presentation of all period-end reports, including variance and trend analysis.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for inventory and cost of sales accounting, including having oversight and involvement in the inventory control and management environment, and develops and maintains an intimate understanding of product offerings and costs.
The Accounting Specialist creates and maintains pro-forma intra-period and end-of-period reports, as well as formulating ad hoc reports as needed, with the intention of helping operational and financial managers better execute fundamental business tasks and devise strategic initiatives. Continual focus on process improvement is essential.
This role also includes responsibility for all journal entries, reconciliations and transactions associated with shareholder transactions and equity section balance sheet accounts.
This position works closely with, and is also responsible for other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager and CFO.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or higher
• Knowledge and experience in US GAAP, full cycle accounting
• Understanding of double entry bookkeeping and experience in preparing and posting general ledger entries
• Familiarity with the financial statement close process, including the design and implementation of account reconciliations, rollfowards and related schedules
• Experience and/or familiarity with cost accounting concepts, including inventory accounting and management
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance, prioritize and manage multiple tasks of differing priorities and deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High levels of personal integrity and experience in managing and protecting confidential data and information
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail and strong accuracy in working with numbers
• Strong computer skills and experience in working with complex accounting programs and systems
• Experience working in an integrated ERP environment
• 2+ years of experience in a corporate accounting department participating in close processes
• Experience with the NetSuite accounting and inventory management systems
• Experience in developing and working with internal controls, particularly those related to inventory and sales
Reports to: This position reports to the Accounting Manager, and works closely with the CFO, CEO, President and COO.
Company perks: Fully-paid Medical Insurance, Short-term Disability, and Employee Assistance Program. Option to elect Dental, Life, and Accident insurance. Weekly company lunch on us, alternative commuter stipend, monthly wellness stipend, 15 days PTO to start, 401K with company match, 80 hours/year for volunteering at an organization of your choice, and the best and brightest coworkers around.
If you are buzzing with excitement that you might be our new Accounting Specialist and you have the skills and experience to back it up, kindly send your resume, cover letter, and favorite Portland restaurant. We want to be sure you read the entire ad and also, we love food!
Complete details: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/27082?s=c1