Post Date: 03/07/2018
Close Date: 03/31/2018
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: On Call Child Care Provider
DEPARTMENT: Letty Owings Center
REPORTS TO: Milieu Operations Supervisor
HOURS: On-Call (no set schedule)
WAGE: $16.09/Per hour
On-Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on the payroll.
1. Must have high school diploma or completion of G.E.D.
2. Experience with low and no-income women and women with children who are recovering
from alcohol and drug use.
3. Experience and knowledge in working with children from dysfunctional family systems.
4. If in recovery, must have a minimum of 2 years of continuous sobriety under nonresidential
independent living conditions.
5. Knowledge of the 12 Step recovery process.
6. Must have a standard First Aid certificate and an Infant/Child and Adult CPR certification
or must be able to obtain in one month.
7. Prior to employment, must be approved by the State of Oregon Employment Department
Child Care Division. Must complete consent for criminal records identification check
pursuant to ORS 181.537. This program receives funds from the Federal Child Care
Development Fund block grant via a contract with the Child Care Division for Alcohol &
Drug Abuse Programs.
8. Possess a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
9. Willing and able to work flexible hours.
10. Physical ability to lift and raise up to 30 pounds, 4 feet off the ground multiple times each
11. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull, and lift heavy objects.
12. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
13. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
14. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
15. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds,
religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each
individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/