Post Date: 12/14/2017
Close Date: 01/08/2018
JOB CODE: OHA17-0431
The Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division, HIV, STD & TB Section has a professional opportunity for a STD/HIV Prevention Nurse consultant who will serve as a state level resource for local health department staff and other community health partners for technical assistance, consultation and training related to sexually transmitted diseases, with an emphasis on syphilis, gonorrhea and HIV. This position contributes to meeting the population level public health goals to decrease the transmission, prevalence and impact of these diseases.
What will you do?
You will provide expert knowledge, resources and assistance with problem solving for local health authority staff and other service providers regarding diagnosis and treatment of STDs and HIV. The services you will provide include quality management oversight of case management, partner follow-up, linkage to care, outbreak response, and data capture and communication via ORPHEUS, a joint database development and integration effort co-sponsored by the Acute and Communicable Disease Prevention (ACDP) and the HIV, Sexually Transmitted Disease and Tuberculosis (HST) Programs within the Oregon Public Health Division. You will develop quality assurance systems to promote adherence to state and federal guidelines, standards of care and best practices, and complete and accurate data collection. Also, you will contribute to revisions of relevant policies and/or Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) revisions.
What's in it for you?
As the STD/HIV Prevention Nurse Consultant, you will support quality treatment guidelines and patient service delivery for STDs, which are Oregon's most frequently reported infections and account for almost two-thirds of all reportable diseases. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced public health nurse with extensive knowledge and experience working with a sexually transmitted disease program, don't delay, apply today!
A Master's degree in either Nursing or Public Health and four years of recent (within the last ten years) nursing experience, which includes two years of nurse supervising, administrative, or teaching experience.
A Bachelor's degree in Nursing and five years of recent (within the last ten years) nursing experience, which includes two years of nurse supervising, administrative or teaching experience.
• Experience as a Public Health Nurse in a sexually transmitted disease program
• Experience with treatment guidelines and client service delivery
• Experienced creating training materials, writing curriculum and facilitating training
• Experience capturing data about care and treatment
• Experience in the use and navigation of databases
• Experience applying quality assurance principles to a public health program
• Knowledge and experience with federal grants
• Ability to drive with unencumbered driver's license or the ability to arrange transportation
• Ability to work effectively with internal and external partners, community stakeholders and build relationships while maintaining a professional approach
• Ability to convey technical information orally and in writing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint
Please visit the following link to complete the online application process: