Post Date: 01/09/2018
Close Date: 04/30/2018
Part time Faculty Pool - ABE/GED
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09238
Location: Various Locations
Address: Various Locations
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Part time Faculty
Starting Salary Range: 2017-18 Hourly Rates: Lecture $59.08; Lab $43.72; Lecture/Lab $47.56
Job Close Date: These are Open and Continuous Pool Positions
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but an Adjunct Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the 2017-18 Academic Year.
Your application may be considered for substitute assignments as well as full term class assignments.
All newly hired part-time Faculty will be placed on Step 1.
Full term pay rate may vary by course. Actual term pay is based on the course catalog contact hours multiplied by the appropriate hourly rate.
These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in these positions will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
-Instruct students, using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty.
-Assess and grade student achievement of learning outcomes.
-Use student feedback to improve teaching.
-Be available for a reasonable amount of student contact to respond to questions and to resolve problems related to the course through time spent before or after class or through telephone or e-mail exchanges or office hours where facilities and schedules permit.
-Attend one staff meeting per term as directed by the College and when notified by the Division Dean.
-Provide additional hours of course-related student conferences or tutoring over and above classroom instruction when courses are designated as requiring such.
- Master's Degree in Education, Adult Education, or in a related field
- Two years experience teaching basic skills (reading, writing, and/or math) to under-educated, at-risk, and multi-cultural adult or high-school populations
- Basic computer literacy skills
Note to Applicant
*Instructors shall have earned required academic credential at a regionally accredited institution.
- Master's degree in Adult Education, Special Education, English, Reading, Social Science, Math, Developmental Education
- C-Best or an equivalent exam in Reading, Writing, and Math
- Experience with Oregon Adult Basic Skills Learning Standards or other learning standards
Additional Posting Information:
All of the following materials must be submitted:
1) Online application (please complete all sections of the application)
2) Current and complete resume of education and professional experience (Attach document)
3) Unofficial transcripts* (Attach document)
*A copy of an academic transcript from an accredited institution of higher education must accompany all applications for part time faculty positions. THE TYPE OF DEGREE AND DATE DEGREE AWARDED MUST APPEAR ON THE TRANSCRIPT.
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
Upon hire you will be required to provide official copies of transcripts for any degrees required for the position.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Incomplete application packets may not be considered
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1148020
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1148020