Post Date: 03/07/2018
Close Date: 03/14/2018
Clackamas County Community Corrections is seeking Spanish bilingual, career-minded candidates for an entry level position as a Community Corrections Aide, working closely with our justice involved population in one of our 3 locations (Residential Services, Probation & Parole or Transition Center) in Clackamas County. Work involves directly working with justice involved clients and the public in person or by phone. Community Corrections Aides support each location by providing and coordinating a variety of services such as urinalysis collection, data entry and processing new clients into one of the programs.
The Community Corrections Transition Center provides services to men and women with criminal histories, including addiction. Due to the special treatment needs of this population, these positions meet the criteria for a bona fide occupational qualification, which means an equal number of males and females must be hired into these vacancies.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing Spanish and English.
• Customer service experience (including working with the public in person or by phone giving information about services and programs).
• Superior customer service skills.
• Experience effectively working in a team environment.
• Ability to obtain and enter criminal information using computer data systems.
• Able to effectively manage competing demands based on department priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to patiently and professionally communicate, in person, in writing, and by phone, with a variety of individuals from various social and economic backgrounds.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to effectively deal with people who exhibit aggressive or violent behavior.
• Ability to use a personal computer and typical office software such as word processing and spreadsheet applications; and enter information into a database program.
• Possession of or the ability to obtain notary public certification within 3 months of hire.
• Possession of or the ability to obtain LEDS certification within 3 months of hire.
• Must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Must successfully pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check.
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
Department: Community Corrections
Position Closes: March 14, 2018
Salary & Benefits: Hourly: $17.23 - $21.67 + Excellent Benefits
Bilingual skills are compensated at an additional 5%
To apply and for more information, please review the online job posting at: http://www.clackamas.us and click on the “Jobs” tab.
Complete details: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=104550&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant