Post Date: 02/06/2018
Close Date: 02/12/2018
JOB CODE: OHA18-0056
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 02/12/18 11:59 PM
SALARY: $3,129.00 - $4,545.00 Monthly
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Salem, Oregon
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Health Licensing Office (HLO) in Salem, OR is recruiting for an Inspector to provide consumer protection while gaining compliance with the statutes and administrative rules of the boards, councils and programs by inspecting facilities and independent contractors and providing education to licensees and the general public. The HLO protects the health, safety and rights of Oregon consumers by ensuring only qualified applicants are authorized to practice. HLO establishes, communicates and ensures compliance of regulatory standards for multiple health and related professions.
What will you do?
As Inspector, you will conduct routine inspections of facilities for compliance with health, safety and sanitation standards and certification/licensing requirements. You will explain laws and rules to licensees, the public and other governmental agencies to promote understanding and compliance as well as determine the type and severity of observable violations. In addition, you will prepare accurate and comprehensive reports of all inspections to be used as the basis for disciplinary action and assessment of civil penalties.
What's in it for you?
Do you have experience with compliance and regulation determination? Have you performed inspections or investigations? Then read on! Public Health is a great place to work and we offer full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick and personal leave, vacation, and ten paid holidays per year!
Two years of experience doing administrative research that included compiling and evaluating facts to recommend management action, or decide eligibility or compliance with program guidelines and regulations.
Note: College-level course work may substitute for the experience on the basis of 45-quarter units per year of experience.
• Experience in the regulatory inspection environment.
• Dependable, self-directed and motivated to achieving established regulatory division facility inspection goals within specified time frames.
• Resourceful and flexible team player who thrives in fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of good customer service and self-awareness skills; cultural sensitivity working with a diverse customer base and staff.
• An understanding of perceived resistance by clients to regulatory oversight of their profession.
• Ability to maintain objectivity and a neutral position during inspections.
• Ability to respond in a respectful manner to clients and customers.
• Preference will be given to applicants who are bi-lingual Vietnamese/English.
Please visit the following link to complete the online application: