Post Date: 02/26/2018
Close Date: 05/31/2018
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09345
Location: Downtown Center
Address: 722 SW 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Level M; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Minimum $80,430 to range mid-point of $98,528. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity. (Full Range is $80,430 to $116,623)
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by March 21, 2018
Portland Community College is seeking a Registrar to join Student Affairs.
The Registrar is an essential member of PCC's Student Affairs team, overseeing registration policies and processes, and ensuring the integrity of student records and the accuracy of academic degrees and certificates conferred by Portland Community College. The Registrar also serves as chief FERPA Officer for the entire College, responsible for FERPA compliance, policy and training across all departments and processes at PCC.
We need a collaborative leader in this role who brings expertise in Records and confidentiality best practice, the ability to communicate succinctly to influence across lines of authority, and an active and strong equity lens to this work. Please be ready to demonstrate your willingness and experience mentoring, guiding and motivating staff to meet department and organizational goals, and build on past achievements.
To be successful as PCC's Registrar, you will also need experience with an electronic student information system, Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems and electronic communication tools, as well as the ability to collect and analyze data, creating timely and succinct reports for a variety of stakeholder.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
Here is our Intended Recruitment Timeline
- February 21, 2018: Job Announcement Published
- March 21, 2018: Application Deadline for Best Consideration
- Early April 2018: Semi-finalist Interviews
- Mid-Late April 2018: Finalist On-Campus Interviews
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employers Retirement System (PERS) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS. PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Registrar's Office and the preparation and maintenance of a variety of student records, including attendance, permanent records, grades, and/or other applicable records, ensuring alignment with the College's mission, values, goals, and objectives, as well as all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Serves as College's chief FERPA Officer, guiding interpretation and application; ensures compliance and currency through updates and training of staff; interprets and applies federal and state mandated guidelines for registration and records processes.
- Oversees transcript evaluation processes including certificate and degree applications and prior credit determination; recommends course transfer and substitutions for College course requirements and coordinating articulation with other schools. Manages the process of GPA adjustments (e.g., for approved grade changes) on College transcripts and graduation data entry into the permanent student records.
- Oversees formal evaluation of student eligibility for graduation and issue of PCC official transcripts and diplomas. Supervises the coordination, evaluation, and certification of all graduation applications, including processes to auto-award degrees/certificates and reverse transfer awards.
- Oversees commencement activities, including the maintenance of graduation files, the preparation of graduation lists, degree mailings, budget, and the coordination of commencement ceremonies.
- Supervises academic professional, classified, and/or technical/support staff. May supervise faculty. Hires, trains, mentors and evaluates employees in the division. Disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Liaises and collaborates with Enrollment Services to ensure that processes, timelines, and programs are adequately prepared and publicized for each term and academic year and are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintains and publicizes the process by which students can file appeals related to their grades or academic records. Adjudicates grade and academic record appeals according to established policy, and coordinates with other offices that manage student complaints and appeals processes. Works collaboratively with instructional deans, program advisers, and other applicable internal departments to ensure quality advising for students with declared majors and for students with undeclared majors.
- Serves as a liaison to applicable external agencies, internal departments, and applicable educational institutions representing the College with respect to registrar and student records management processes and procedures; represents the College through PACRAO and OrACRAO, AACRAO, NACADA, NASPA, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Directs the development and delivery of training and support regarding transfer credit, credit for prior learning, student privacy, and graduation policy and process to academic advisors, faculty department chairs, and staff.
- Stays current on related regulatory changes to ensure that the College has systems and procedures in place to maintain compliance, as required. Evaluates and communicates the impact of potential legal or regulatory changes on the College.
- Analyzes, reviews, and oversees the preparation and dissemination of a variety of reports for the College for use and access by students and/or external agencies and institutions.
- Assists with applicable internal and external audits.
- Participates in developing and administering department budget; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
- Master's degree in student affairs, student personnel administration, student affairs, education, public administration or other related field. [Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.]
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible, professional level experience in higher education, in registration or student services, including two years of supervisory experience.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Collaborative leader; mentor, guide, train and motivate staff to meet college and department goals and build on past successes. Demonstrated success leading major initiatives.
- Ability to effectively lead and communicate in multi-campus/department environment - successful experience holding people accountable & influencing without authority.
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple aspects of student services, such as Registration, student records, transfer articulation, degree audit, student retention, student appeal processes, and/or commencement ceremonies.
- Leader in proactive engagement with diversity, equity, and inclusion practices, as related to constituents, as well as policy development.
- Experience interpreting and applying federal, state and college policies regarding FERPA and student records policy (including leading effective compliance, training and documentation across a complex organization).
- Engagement with related professional organizations, such as AACRAO, for professional development and best practices.
Important Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Academic programs and requirements;
- Admissions principles, student services and resources, college policies and regulations;
- Student services administration principles and practices at post-secondary institutions;
- Records maintenance principles and practices;
- Managerial principles;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Project management principles;
- Principles and practices in registration;
- Higher education principles and practices.
- Analyzing and interpreting data;
- Program evaluation;
- Supervising and providing leadership to subordinate staff;
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and work flow;
- Preparing a variety of reports related to departmental activities, including statistical analysis;
- Evaluating registration and student records practices for compliance with applicable regulations;
- Speaking in public;
- Coordinating the preparation and publication of a variety of reports;
- Conducting research to identify solutions, resolve problems, or provide information.
- Work effectively with the diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of PCC staff;
- Communicate effectively through oral and written media.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1173878
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1173878