Post Date: 02/21/2018
Close Date: 03/22/2018
Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking a part time Medical Director to serve as medical leader for licensed and other clinical staff. The Medical Director provides clinical consultation to outpatient and residential addiction and mental health treatment programs to establish and promote exemplary professional, clinical and ethical values and standards to ensure high quality outcomes for program participants.
• Current Oregon licensure as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy with full prescriptive privileges in Oregon including DEA certification.
• Clinical training and/or experience in multi-disciplinary treatment of substance use disorders and mental health with a focus on trauma-informed care serving vulnerable populations.
• Expert knowledge of medical/clinical decision-making and pharmacology.
• Experience working in a nonprofit organization preferred.
• Compassionate understanding of health needs of vulnerable and underserved populations, with complex physical health, mental health and social needs including the social determinants affecting health
• Knowledge and experience in healthcare transformation, ideally in Oregon
• Outstanding administrative and leadership skills
• Must be able to pass criminal history background check.
• Reliable vehicle, an active driver’s license, current insurance, and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.
Schedule: This is a part-time position, up to 20 hours/week. Schedule may vary depending on identified needs and mutual agreement.
Qualified applicants must complete an application online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers. Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: www.voaor.org/explore-careers