Post Date: 12/29/2017
Close Date: 01/07/2018
We are currently seeking to fill two positions on our Revenue Contract team! The Contract Administrator role is an exciting opportunity to play a major part in the review and administration of the financial terms for over 1000 Port revenue contracts; and to work with the associated invoicing and collections of the Port's annual revenues. The Contract Administrator utilizes a high level of customers service skills while allowing an individual to maximize their analytical, detailed oriented and number crunching love for accuracy.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work across the Port's lines of business including Aviation, Marine, Industrial Properties and Navigation to review and administer the financial terms in our revenue generating contracts.
• Process monthly billing in JD Edward software in accordance with individual lease language, ordinance and/or tariffs.
• Calculate lease rate adjustment in accordance with specific lease language
• Calculate, collect and adjust customer security deposits (cash, bonds, letters of credit) in accordance with lease requirements.
• Utilize Port's existing collections tools (i.e., statements, delinquency letters, delinquency invoices, property manager notification and involvement, default letters, etc.)
• Provide direction to lessees to ensure they comply with monthly and annual financial reporting requirements.
• Provide helpful constructive assistance to customers on clarity of terms and collection issues.
• Provide review of revenue generating contracts from finance perspective to stakeholders.
• Review established practices and procedures in search of improvements, efficiencies and cross department process alignment.
• Assist with updating and maintenance of web-based JD Edwards database (Property Management, Accounts Receivable, and Sales Order modules)
• Design and update reports with revenue generating contract information to management
• Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, or related field preferred.
• Two to five years' of related experience or, equivalent combination of education/experience, i.e. Associates degree with 4-7 years of experience is required. NOTE: Candidates with fewer years of experience will also be considered for a lower-level position.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including proficiency with complex formulas and pivot tables is required.
• Familiarity with JD Edwards Property Management, Sales Order and Accounts Receivable modules is preferred.
• Experience reviewing and interpreting financial contract language is required. Experience with revenue generating contracts is preferred.
• Experience utilizing statements, delinquency letters, delinquency invoices, property manager notification and default letters is required.
• Understanding of security deposits such as cash, bonds and letters of credit is required.
For more information and/or to apply: https://www2.portofportland.com/Careers#Careers
Complete details: https://www2.portofportland.com/Careers#Careers