Post Date: 12/11/2017
Close Date: 01/11/2018
Bilingual Parent Educator
Listos Para Aprender Program
Part-time, Benefits (Pro-rated)
Job Code: BPE-428
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Listos Para Aprender Parent Educators offer information and support to Spanish speaking parents of children birth to five years, through facilitating weekly parent/child interaction groups and home visits.
Education and Work Experience:
• H. S. diploma with minimum two years of experience in Early Childhood field required.
• Must be bilingual with ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate mastery both orally and in writing in both English and Spanish.
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or a related field preferred. Over two years of experience in Early Childhood, with knowledge of home visiting, preferred.
• Must pass language test
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check
• Blood borne Pathogens training is required on the first day of employment
• Personal transportation allowing for travel within the Portland metropolitan area in a timely manner. Position involves frequent work-related driving and may involve transporting clients in your personal vehicle to and from sites as necessary. If driving a personal vehicle, must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for state of residency, personal auto liability coverage, and a driving record permitting coverage under the corporate auto liability policy. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes more than once a week (4 times per month on average) must have and maintain personal auto liability insurance at the $100,000/$300,000 level.
Bilingual Parent Educator: $15.92-$16.29
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “BPE-428” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Bilingual Parent Educator position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/bilingual-parent-educator/