Post Date: 02/02/2018
Close Date: 03/31/2018
Milieu Counselor- Sage
Job Code: MC-157
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
The Milieu Counselor supervises youth in the milieu of an intensive treatment program providing support and guidance for daily living skills..
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 year experience working with youth. Or a combination of education and experience related to working with youth.
• Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email.
• Position may require driving an agency vehicle, a valid driver’s license for state of residency is required. If driving a personal vehicle, personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy.
• May require transporting of clients in an agency vehicle.
• Must pass a criminal history check.
• Blood borne Pathogens training is required on the first day of employment and annually thereafter.
• CPR/SFA obtained within 30 days of employment and kept current.
• Complete and maintain required trainings.
• Language testing if applicable.
• Facility is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Shift may require day, evening, overnight and weekend
Milieu Counselor: $13.00-$13.29
Milieu Counselor (Bilingual): $13.65-$13.96
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code “MC-157-” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Milieu Counselor-On Call position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: http://www.morrisonkids.org/job/milieu-counselor-sage-2/