Post Date: 12/26/2017
Close Date: 01/23/2018
Data Analyst - Links Programs
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09218
Location: Southeast Campus
Address: 2305 SE 82nd and Division, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Level 4; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Salary: $45,292 to $48,518 (Step 3); based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Full 2017/18 Salary Range is $45,292/yr to $78,537/yr.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Under the direction of the Director of the PCC Links Department, the data analyst performs a wide range of data management responsibilities related to student enrollment, demographics, academic performance, etc. The Links Programs are four specialized programs (Gateway to College, YES to College, Project Degree, and Future Connect) focused on supporting under-represented students. The analyst works with data from a variety of sources, manages and analyzes data, and uses applications software to create detailed reports and other research documents. The data analyst will play a dynamic role in supporting our innovative programs and developing presentations to better tell the story of the students we serve. The data analyst will engage regularly with diverse groups and individuals within PCC, as well as external partners such as funders, school districts, cities, and non-profits.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. PERS/OSPRP pension programs and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and creates and maintains databases/data systems; serves as primary point of contact with external agency data centers.
- Determines data to be analyzed, explores relation of data to population under study, and ensures data quality and validity of findings.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in data sets; creates models and employs predictive analytics to help guide future actions.
- Works closely with management to prioritize business and information needs; makes recommendations for new and ongoing initiatives.
- Gathers, extracts, summarizes, compiles, and prepares data for required and ad hoc reporting, marketing, grant development, and other purposes.
- Serves as primary point of contact with database developers and end-user personnel to determine data access requirements, maintain databases, and develop reports.
- Serves as primary point of contact for external vendors; participates in identifying, implementing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases and systems.
- Conducts research and provides presentations.
- Assures the confidentiality of all data as appropriate, including sensitive information related to students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or other research-oriented discipline (experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis).
Three years of professional experience as a data analyst or similar position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Database design development;
Statistics and statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc);
Microsoft Office reporting tools.
Applying analytical methods and techniques;
Public speaking and presentation;
Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing;
Building good working relationships.
Collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
Think critically and strategically;
Work collaboratively with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
Work independently and as a member of a team.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is performed in an office environment. Position involves sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or other research oriented discipline.
- Experience working in education or in a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated experience in database design and development
- Background using statistics and statistical packages for analyzing large data sets
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Effective January 1, 2014, all applicants hired by the college will be required to reimburse PCC for the cost of their criminal background check, through payroll deduction.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1142472
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1142472