Post Date: 01/29/2018
Close Date: 03/01/2018
SUMMARY: The Executive / Administrative Assistant works closely with the Executive Director, Executive Team and Managers of the organization, and will perform a variety of highly responsible, confidential and complex administrative and special project tasks that require discretion. The Executive / Administrative Assistant will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, prioritizing conflicting needs. S/he handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion. The Executive / Administrative Assistant will work to conserve the Executive Director’s time, by exceling at his/her responsibilities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Will enjoy providing proactive support to senior leadership.
• Will have ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Must have superior oral, written, analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving, and organizing logistics. Key to the position is the ability to handle multiple projects at once with excellent attention to detail.
• Will be proficient in Microsoft Office Professional suite programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Must have experience organizing, preparing documents for, attending, documenting, and providing written summaries of meetings to include organization board meetings.
• Must desire to work in a highly mission-oriented culturally-specific organization.
• Will enjoy building and sustaining relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, including team members at every level of the organization, vendors, organization partners, board members, and clientele.
• Must be comfortable working in a highly mission-oriented culturally-specific organization.
• Will take and incorporate direction to maximize efforts, efficiency, and results.
• Will have demonstrated strong research, data collection and analysis skills.
• Will have demonstrated experience providing proactive approaches to solving problems with strong decision-making capability.
• Will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks that have deadline sensitivity with minimal guidance or supervision.
• Will comfortably compose business letters and correspondence.
• Will be detail-oriented and organized.
• Must be able to work in a team environment while juggling multiple priorities which require working independently.
• Will have ability to work creatively with management and department staff to achieve objectives.
• Associate’s degree (preferably in Business Administration) required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Five years of progressive experience in administrative support in either non-profit or for-profit organizations.
• Prior experience providing executive assistance is required.
• Experience in affordable housing, property management, or real estate development is a plus.
HOURLY WAGE: $25.00 per hour
DURATION: Long-term possibly temp-to-hire
HOURS: Initially, this position is 32 hours per week. The position will become full-time after one to two months, depending on the ability of the candidate to master the position responsibilities.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of gender, race, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military veteran status, or any other protected status or characteristic that is protected by applicable nondiscrimination law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We abide by the requirements of 41CFR 60-300.5(a). We encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.