Post Date: 04/13/2018
Close Date: 05/12/2018
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Office Assistant 2 in the Facilities Department. This position will provide customer service, front desk reception and clerical support. This position will work not more than 1050 hours in 12 months (approximately 17 hours a week). Hours for this position vary and will work various days, Monday-Friday.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Greet visitors and provide excellent customer service in response to inquiries
• Receive and refer incoming telephone calls
• Manage the Facilities Services Request email
• Maintain general ledgers/data entry
• Input requests into the electronic work order system
• Maintain department purchasing filing system
• Provide clerical support to staff
• Order, receive and maintain office supplies and printed materials
• Appropriately handle personal and confidential information
• Assist in the development and maintenance of front desk training and procedure materials
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Education: High school graduation or equivalent
• Experience: Two years of clerical experience
• Customer Service: Two years of customer service experience and solution oriented
• Computer Skills: keyboarding skills of a least 40 WPM and proficient in MS Word and Excel
• Communication Skills: excellent communication skills, including oral and written skills
• Organizational skills and strong attention to detail
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Work within a flexible schedule
• Ability to multi-task and take direction from multiple sources
• Willingness and ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with co-workers
• As a condition of employment, this position requires a background check be conducted on applicants prior to hiring
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
April 13, 2018