Post Date: 01/22/2018
Close Date: 02/10/2018
Application deadline: February 10, 2018
Before you apply- Please be sure to have copies of:
• your high school diploma or GED
• proof of passing Math 60 (algebra) within the past 36 months or proof of completing a Math placement exam and being placed higher than Math 60 in the past 36 months. You will need to upload these documents to your application to be considered for the position.
Become a part of the Portland General Electric Team!
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. We are a proud and resourceful team who take care of each other, our communities and our natural resources.
Portland General Electric team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. Our team has a tremendous range of skill sets, and is dedicated to diversity, community, and our customers.
Working for PGE is fun, challenging and enriching, and with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like working for PGE too. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Join us and power your potential.
Pre-Apprentice Lineman (U18-001)
The pre-apprentice program is a formal, structured training and on-the-job experience opportunity. Successful applicants are provided two years to complete the program and to be accepted into our line apprenticeship. During the program, you will learn to apply safe work practices while working on overhead and/or underground line construction maintenance crews while completing established competencies. You will work in all types of weather conditions and perform work at heights up to 90 feet, underground or in confined spaces.
You can bring the following skills to our team:
• High School diploma or GED
• Desire to work in the field and enjoy working at heights
• Completed and passed Math 60 (algebra)within the past 36 months or taken a math placement exam showing placement of Math 65 or higher.
• Valid driver’s license and demonstrated safe driving record
• CDL Class A permit required upon acceptance of employment; CDL Class A driver’s license required within three months of selection
• Ability to lift over 50 pounds
• Ability to pass the NJATC/ETA (National Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee/Electrical Training Alliance) assessment
• Ability to pass a pole yard mechanical skills assessment
To be considered, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U18-001 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Your Total Compensation Package
Portland General Electric believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company and at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future. This package includes medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that include a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions, a stock purchase plan, plus more.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
PGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and