Post Date: 02/06/2018
Close Date: 02/21/2018
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership, supervision and training to staff and volunteers in the drop-in child center within a hospital serving families of hospital patients. Additionally, the Program Coordinator implements program activities that are developmentally appropriate, and engage the interest and developmental level of the children. The Coordinator is responsible for the daily care and education of the children as well as initiating and fostering positive guidance and behavior. This position also requires working in a highly professional manner with program partners and ensures accurate documentation of services provided.
• Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or related field. Ability to meet the Director qualifications as outlined by the Oregon State Division of Childcare may be substituted for educational requirement.
• Three years of experience working with children 6 weeks through 5 years in a state-certified childcare center.
• One year of supervisory experience preferred.
• Prior experience working in social service setting with case management and referral coordination preferred.
• Prior experience providing high quality customer service preferred.
• Good problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Good judgment.
• Culturally competent to work with a diverse population.
• Basic skills using computer to track data and create reports.
Position Available: This is a part-time position; 25 hours/week; Monday – Friday, 10am – 3pm.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: www.voaor.org/explore-careers