Post Date: 01/31/2018
Close Date: 04/30/2018
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Director for our Center for School, Family and Community (CSFC) to help envision and execute the organization’s strategic direction, with particular focus on expanding services in professional and adult learning systems. The Center specializes in helping national, regional, state and local education agencies and nonprofit organizations provide high-quality, in-person, online, and blended learning experiences that are designed to be replicated and scaled, with high fidelity, for geographically dispersed learners. Sample services include in-person trainings, including train-the-trainer sessions with full curriculum aids; instructor-led college accredited online courses; on-demand, online modules, featuring graphics and video, animations and other media; high-impact, engaging webinars, led by experts in the field; and facilitated communities of practice.
Supervisory Responsibility: directly supervise approximately 4 professional staff, including managers responsible for supervising remaining Center staff
• Promote a common vision for the Center’s work that aligns with the organization’s strategic direction.
• Lead organizational strategy development for expanding professional and adult learning system services
• Lead work of the Center to achieve quality performance and client satisfaction
• Support leadership and professional development of Center staff
• Foster conditions that enable Center staff to thrive
• Lead Center and organizational business development efforts
• Directly manage a strategic set of professional development and adult learning systems projects
• Ensure effective and efficient Center operations, including project administration
• Provide fiscal management and oversight for all contracted TA services and internal investment accounts in the Center
• Cultivate and advance strategic partnerships and relationships for the organization
• Promote organizational visibility and credibility in the region and nationally
• Provide Center guidance and oversight for development of new services
• Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit and retain professional staff, utilizing an equity lens
Ideal Candidates will possess
• Master’s degree in education, nonprofit or related social sciences field
• 10+ years’ experience scoping, budgeting, negotiating, and managing large portfolios of adult learning, professional development and/or consultation projects
• Significant business development experience and a robust professional network in the education and/or nonprofit industries
• 10+ years’ experience working in a supervisory role
• Superior communication skills, including writing, facilitation and public speaking
• Experience leading a moderately sized organizational unit
• Deep expertise in effective adult learning methodologies applied in multiple formats to meet diverse adult learner needs.
• Current knowledge of research, issues, and trends in adult learning and professional development
• Content expertise in one or more of the following areas: pre- K-20 education, family engagement, equity, career and technical education, workforce development, early childhood, youth development, juvenile justice, health education, school/system improvement, teaching and learning/instructional practice, social emotional learning, educator effectiveness, service and volunteerism, postsecondary readiness and success, collective impact
• Experience working in a professional services organization
• Experience working with a variety of funders (e.g., local, state, federal government agencies; foundations; nonprofit and community based organizations)
• Experience and/or enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity
• Experience in making presentations to a wide range of audiences
Travel and Other Key Requirements:
• Moderate out-of-office travel (up to 35%) with frequent overnight stays
• Reside in greater Portland, Oregon area or be willing to relocate
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/.
Please include the Position Number (18.01) and salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled.
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fo3d/