Post Date: 12/15/2017
Close Date: 01/12/2018
JOB TITLE: Academic Innovation Officer
RANK: Administrative Faculty
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
REPORTS TO: Director
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-time (12 months)
Marylhurst University was founded by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary to provide a high quality academic experience and to educate the underserved in the community. The university has a long standing reputation for providing innovative and personalized approaches to meet the needs of traditional and non-traditional students. In keeping with the foundation created by the Sister’s values and inspirations, the university places a high value on creating a sense of community, service and social justice and ethical leadership. The university is located just south of Portland, Oregon, near Lake Oswego, in one of the most idyllic campus settings, adjacent to the Willamette River. Visitors to the campus are struck by its beauty and peacefulness. Successful candidates are not required to be Catholic, or have any religious affiliation, to be a part of the Marylhurst community. We respect the Sisters' values as the foundation for the way we operate. Please visit www.marylhurst.edu for more information about the Marylhurst University community.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Academic Innovation Officer supports the academic quality and integrity of existing programs. The position is focused on creating and maintaining a program culture focused on continuous improvement, elevating quality, and ensuring that the students are able to meet their goals. This position uses data to ensure that the program’s structure, function, and design all operate in service to program quality and student satisfaction and outcomes in low-residency, online, on-ground and hybrid modalities.
Program Delivery and Quality
1. Works with the director to create a program delivery model that aligns with stated, measured intended student outcomes as well as student career goals.
2. Uses feedback from the School of Business Employer Advisory Board, alumni, current students, and others to modify curriculum and program design to graduate students with in-demand skills and abilities.
3. Works with the director to ensure assessment measures and practices are aligned with intended program outcomes.
4. Oversees all accreditation process and reporting. Ensures accreditation process informs program quality improvements.
5. Provides faculty mentoring and support including recognition systems.
6. Collaborates with the Office of Marketing & University Communications to identify and highlight faculty accomplishments for use on the website and in university communications.
7. Ensures degree completion pathways align with program objectives and serves student needs.
8. Identifies and works with subject matter experts to develop or modify curriculum as assigned (e.g., Certified Financial Planning).
9. Ensures program structure is designed to support the number of students in the School of Business with robust class sizes.
10. Oversees textbook strategy. Monitors fidelity to curriculum along with faculty leadership.
11. Provides input to ensure that curricular strategy aligns with overall program objectives. Supports curriculum development in new programs.
12. Collaborates with program operations manager to implement new programs.
Adjunct Faculty and Operations Support
1. Hires and supervises adjunct faculty and provides regular feedback. Directs faculty course assignments and schedule.
2. Enforces role clarity with adjunct faculty.
3. Aligns adjunct faculty instruction with the goals of the Marylhurst School of Business.
4. Supports new faculty onboarding.
5. Acts as first point of contact with Enrollment Management and Student Services office to support student concerns, graduation paths, course substitutions, and academic decisions. Reviews and approves exceptions.
6. Works with advising team and program operations manager to determine proactive changes to the course schedule and catalog based on program objectives.
7. Participates in annual commencement events and activities.
Other duties as assigned by the director.
1. Ability to work well in ambiguous environments, clarify expectations, and adapt to change.
2. Ability to work well with others and collaboratively develop solutions.
3. Support the collegiality of the department by a willingness to problem solve, to take on new tasks as needed by the department and by conducting oneself in a positive and professional manner.
4. Supervise adjunct faculty; ensure adjunct faculty have the skills and training necessary to provide high-quality education to students.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Sensitivity to and ability to work with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of members of the university and external community.
6. Holds self and peers to a high standard of accountability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Ph.D., Ed.D., or MBA degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
2. An understanding of and record of best practices in program and course design, delivery, and assessment.
3. Demonstrated success with project management.
4. Experience and interest in teaching and adult learning.
5. Administrative experience or other examples of effectively coordinating and communicating with faculty, staff and administrators across the disciplines.
6. Experience in process improvement, LEAN, and/or change management preferred.
7. Experience with managing a diverse team and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
8. Understanding of, and willingness to learn, the technical skills needed to perform in an office environment: word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, collaboration tools, and others.
1. Ability to lift or move materials weighing up to 25 pounds, with or without accommodation.
2. Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
BENEFITS: University-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee. Three weeks paid vacation; paid sick leave and holidays; tuition waiver program; life and disability insurance, and retirement plan.
TO APPLY: To apply for this position, please visit www.marylhurst.edu and select Faculty Positions found on the Job Openings page or visit https://marylhurstfaculty.applicantpool.com/jobs/
Upload a resume and a cover letter addressing your qualifications for this position during the application process. Application submission deadline is January 12, 2018. Review is on-going, and the position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Marylhurst University
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender, color, race, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law.
Candidates with disabilities requiring accommodations and/or assistance during the hiring process may contact Human Resources.
Employment at Marylhurst University is contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
Complete details: https://marylhurstfaculty.applicantpool.com/jobs/198456.html