Start Date: 02/07/2020 9:30 AM
End Date: 02/08/2020 5:00 PM
INTERCULTURAL EMPATHY & CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE (CQ) WORKSHOP
With 3 optional Intercultural Assessments
About this Event
For a deep look into intercultural work and a solid way to increase cultural effectiveness, please consider joining me for my most comprehensive two-day workshop! It filled up fast last time, so be sure to register early!
Intercultural communication is generally not taught in psychology graduate diversity classes. This is an opportunity to learn about how to “fill a gap” in your training. Bookmark Connections’ workshops focus on incorporating and integrating the intercultural perspective with the complementary social justice approach to diversity work as well.
Some of the topics covered include:
• How intercultural communication (IC) differs from traditional approaches to diversity used in psychology, and why IC and CQ are needed for increased cultural effectiveness
• Intercultural sensitivity
• Cultural intelligence (CQ) (because EQ is often culture-bound)
• Key cultural values for an effective cultural anaylsis
• Intercultural empathy skills (it's not the same as regular empathy!)
• Culture and emotions, language, and cognitive styles
• Intercultural conflict and resolution skills
Please see http://www.bookmarkconnections.com for more details about this workshop. Thank you.
Licensed mental health professionals:
This workshop is designed to meet the criteria for the Oregon Cultural Competency Continuing Education requirement.
CE credit for this program is awarded by Commonwealth Education Seminars.
Psychologists, Social Workers, LPC/LMFT's.
It is the participant's responsibility to check with their individual state boards to verify CE requirements for their state.
Please see the Events page at www.bookmarkconnections.com for more information.
12 CE hours
**Early bird discount ends January 6th!**
This workshop is for mental health professionals, but advanced graduate students (e.g., psychology, social work, counseling) interested in this topic are also welcome. People in related fields (e.g., education, healthcare, JEDI) are also welcome, but with the understanding that the focus will be for mental health professionals.
Intermediate Level: This workshop is intended for participants who have taken a graduate course in diversity or completed at least one diversity/multicultural/social justice training prior. You do not need to have any knowledge or background in intercultural communication to attend.
THE COST OF THE OPTIONAL ASSESSMENTS IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE FEE.
There are NO CE credits for the assessments.
• Cultural Values Profile
• icEdge Assessment
• Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory
• For additional information about these assessments, please go to https://bookmarkconnections.com/training-assessment/assessments/
Please see http://www.bookmarkconnections.com for the CANCELLATION & REFUND policy (e.g., no refunds for cancellations TWO WEEKS prior to the event).