Post Date: 02/03/2020
Close Date: 02/17/2020
Innovation & Improvement Specialist (Education Program Specialist 2)
Agency: Oregon Department of Education
Salary Range: $5,724 - $8,375
Application Deadline: 02/17/2020
Apply online: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Public-Service-Building---ODE/Innovation---Improvement-Specialist--Education-Program-Specialist-2-_REQ-31365
At the Oregon Department of Education, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
We are currently seeking our next Innovation and Improvement Specialist to join our Office of Education Innovation and Improvement in Salem, Oregon at the Oregon Department of Education. This is a permanent, full-time position represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
The primary aim of this role is to support the development and execution of the System Supports, Coaching, Professional Learning, and Technical Assistance to school districts and eligible charters schools participating in the Student Investment Account of the Student Success Act. These positions will work with a team that will deploy significant contract dollars and coordinate cross-agency and cross-office supports to meet program expectations.
We desire candidates who are driven by a strong value set centered on the importance of improved results for students, actualized education equity, and inclusion as the foundational assumption. In addition to those values, the ideal candidate will have considerable knowledge and expertise in:
• The Student Success Act (SSA)
• Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) and Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) related to education
• Conceptual, theoretical, and practical aspects of educational leadership and administration, including systems change, improvement and implementation sciences
To qualify for these positions, you must have a Master's degree in education or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university and five years of education experience (e.g., teacher, counselor, itinerant service provider), two years of which includes leadership experience (e.g., lead teacher, program coordinator or director, school administrator) in education.
• A Doctorate in Education or related field from an accredited university may substitute for two years of experience in the field of education, but not for the two years of leadership experience.
• An Oregon Standard Administrative License (issued by Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission) may substitute for the two years of leadership experience.
Additionally, we are looking for candidates with the ability to:
• Establish effective relationships and demonstrate collaborative skills with colleagues, district administrators, teachers, parents, and personnel from partnering institutions and groups.
• Analyze, write about, and present on a wide range of complex educational issues.
• Speak to large groups of people, often with diverse views, in an interactive setting.
• Problem solve challenging problems of practice within the state agency and alongside community and district partners.
• Exercise well-reasoned professional judgment in decision making to move departmental and office work forward in astute ways.
Our Amazing Benefits!
Did you know that the State of Oregon is on the Forbes Top 500 list of America’s Best Large Employer’s? When you join us, you are joining a fast-paced, creative environment with colleagues who are passionate about public service and impact the lives of children and families statewide.
• Excellent medical, vision and dental benefit package for the employee and qualified family members with very low monthly out-of-pocket cost
• Paid days off –
o 10 paid holidays per year
o 3 additional paid "Personal Business Days" per year
o 8 hours of sick leave accumulated every month
o Progressive vacation leave accrual, starting at 8 hours per month, with increases every 5 years
• In addition to standard medical benefits and employee leave, the state also provides additional optional benefits, such as basic life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, deferred compensation savings program, and flexible spending accounts for health care and child care expenses.
If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of Oregonians, apply today!
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce. The Department strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.