Post Date: 07/27/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Hourly Pool - Groundskeeper Assistant
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09455
Location: Various Locations
Address: Various Locations
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: SERV, Level 1, Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $12.00 per hour
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This Hourly Hiring Pool represents current or potential hourly non-benefitted job openings in this employment category. There is no guarantee of employment from this hiring pool. Positions are not benefitted. Jobs are located in any of several campuses and centers throughout the PCC district. Hours and schedules vary.
Assists in a wide range of landscape maintenance duties, working safely with gas and diesel powered equipment including mowers, and attending to plants, trees and lawns on assigned campuses. Performs daily routine maintenance, fencing and grounds features as needed. Incumbent is a contributor within the department and campus staff and students. Job requires ordinary conversational skills and courtesy to exchange information and assistance which is routine in nature.
Service Assistant/Maintenance - Casual Employment.
Schedule: 20-40 per week - schedule is flexible.
Pay is $12 per hour. There are no benefits associated with casual positions.
Hourly Groundskeeper Assistants typically rotate among the following job tasks and work stations on a daily /weekly basis:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Include some or all of the following):
1. Performs a full range of landscape maintenance duties including but not limited to the following leaf removal, pruning shrubs and trees, lawn care and watering and weeding of shrub beds.
2. Removes litter and empties trash cans.
3. Cleans roads, parking lots and walks to ensure safety for pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
4. Repairs and uses manual and electronic watering systems to ensure adequate moisture for plantings.
5. Works in a safe manner leaving work areas safe during and after work projects.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent; Experience in basic landscape maintenance.
Work is performed primarily outdoors, on varying terrain in all types of extreme weather conditions. Positions involve exposure to hazards and ventilation problems and noise extremes, high vehicular traffic and congested areas. Travel between college locations using personal vehicle may be required.
Position requires shoveling of heavy materials and the use of equipment such as mowers, pruners, leaf blowers, sprayers, and edger's. Strength and agility, and extended standing and heavy lifting are required.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this hiring pool you must submit:
1. Completed online application (required - be sure to complete all sections)
- Applicants must meet the basic requirements for employment in any hourly pool position. An hourly employee may work up to 599 hours per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) in an individual hourly job. With some restrictions, hourly employees may hold more than one hourly job at the college. There are no benefits.
- Hours vary and are set by the department.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: No Response
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1266195
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1266195