Post Date: 12/17/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Food Production Assistant/Substitute Delivery Driver
Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hours/week (5:30am-2pm)
Location: Central Kitchen
Pay Rate: $15/hour
Meals on Wheels People:
Meals on Wheels People enriches the lives of seniors and assists them in maintaining independence by providing nutritious food, human connections and social support. With the help of more than 5,500 volunteers, our nonprofit organization serves over 5,700 meals daily and more than 1.3 million meals each year across Multnomah, Washington, and Clark Counties. Meals on Wheels People is an EEO employer committed to the inclusion of people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, women and people living with disabilities in our workplace and programs.
Food Production Assistant/Substitute Delivery Driver Summary:
Assists with preparation, assembly and packaging of food items. Follows daily production charts to ensure accuracy in the distribution of finished products. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with State and Federal guidelines. Assist in distributing all prepared, unprepared food products, center supplies (freight) from Central Kitchen to Meals on Wheels People meal sites as needed.
Food Production Assistant/Substitute Delivery Driver Skills, Abilities & Experience:
• One year experience in food assembly; high-volume food production preferred
• One year experience driving trucks minimum 24 ft. in length preferred
• Experience with ovens, knives, sealer, can opener, and rolling racks required
• Excellent driving record, insurable by Meals on Wheels People insurance carrier
• Ability to understand and communicate basic cooking directions
• Basic math and computer skills
• Ability to work well with others in a diverse team-oriented atmosphere
Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Meals on Wheels People Benefits:
Meals on Wheels People offers competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, 401(k), life, short and long-term disability insurance, a generous paid off program and more!
Complete details: https://www.mowp.org/our-story/careers/