Post Date: 09/03/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Residential Security Specialist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Works a fixed post position in the Facility Central Control Area of the program. Responsible for duties associated with the safety and security of residents and staff and assists Milieu Counselors with some clerical aspects.
About the Program:
PASO: Is a 16- bed residential facility for adolescent males. The program maintains stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility.
The ideal candidates understand the importance program policy and procedure, including the importance of safety and security in a residential setting. They will communicate effectively with the youth, in a tactful and thoughtful manner. The ability to maintain composure during stressful situations is crucial competency in this position.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
• High School or equivalent Diploma;
• At least one year of experience working with youth, preferably in a monitored or highly secured, residential facility
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Experience working in a secure center setting or loss prevention
• Criminal justice coursework
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• CPR/First Aid certification within 30 days of hire and kept current
• May work outside normal shift hours based on agency needs
Starting Pay Range:
Residential Security Specialist: $17.85 - $18.99
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Residential Security Specialist” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Residential Security Specialist
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/residential-security-specialist/